Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happy with it. NEA about it, tbh. It's respectable enough, though, I suppose...for those bothered by these things.
Surely league position is the most important thing?

Was it not Martinez himself who promised Chanpions League?

He can't carry on saying he has world class strikers, midfielders, defenders, etc and then have us sitting 12th in the league currently, one place below the shambles that was last season.

He isn't learning at all and I don't think he ever will. His defensive vulnerabilities have been there his whole career, I do not see that miraculously changing which is what is required to make us a top team.

Surely league position is the most important thing?

Was it not Martinez himself who promised Chanpions League?

He can't carry on saying he has world class strikers, midfielders, defenders, etc and then have us sitting 12th in the league currently, one place below the shambles that was last season.

He isn't learning at all and I don't think he ever will. His defensive vulnerabilities have been there his whole career, I do not see that miraculously changing which is what is required to make us a top team.
League position is important if it's top four places. If it isn't the rest is nowhere. 5th-11th = nowhere.

We've out scored Arsenal, we are 2nd highest in the league, 20% of our shots are goals, highest in the league.

A better defensive record we'd be in the top 4 looking at a chance of going for the title a la Spurs and Leicester.

If we do not get top 6 this season, with this squad, it is a massive fail by Martinez, we need to go on a run now starting today, 7 wins from the next 10 is the target and it is achievable.

Another match day

Another day when a group of so called Evertonians have a small part of them wanting a draw or defeat
Whatever the line up announced they will find fault
During the game they will post their dismay at how the game is going
Even a win they will find any small fault to criticise the manager

On the other side of the coin we have a very large group of Evertonians that will be going the game with positve thoughts and the knowledge that we will try to play good football and go for the win.

I always though going the match was something that you looked forward to...
I guess for some that has been forgotten...

Do you not think if we finished 11th last season then maybe 7th this season, it will add credence to your argument that we are progressing.
It depends on how well we do in the cups. I think most would accept two cup runs that advanced to at least the SF stage and a midtable finish over two poor cup runs and a top 7 finish. I'd see the former as being every bit as convincing of progress as finishing 7th, that's for sure.

Another match day

Another day when a group of so called Evertonians have a small part of them wanting a draw or defeat
Whatever the line up announced they will find fault
During the game they will post their dismay at how the game is going
Even a win they will find any small fault to criticise the manager

On the other side of the coin we have a very large group of Evertonians that will be going the game with positve thoughts and the knowledge that we will try to play good football and go for the win.

I always though going the match was something that you looked forward to...
I guess for some that has been forgotten...

I don't want that part to be true but fear it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back