Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at his eyes on that video when he's waiting for kenwright to finish his sentence. Dread to think what his first words actually were, those are the eyes of a man thinking he's about to pushed in front of a train.

NO part of me, however small, has EVER wanted us not to win.
It is perfectly possible to hold this view whilst believing the manager to be a fool who ignores basic aspects of the game.

Call me plotter, kopite or geordie all you want.
I`m just an Evertonian who desperately wants us to win every game we play, who also thinks we could and should be doing much more of it than we currently are.
You enjoy the game today mate
No doubt you will be wanting the fool to fail...its part of your agenda

I would stick with Martinez until the end of the season but he certainly needs to start winning matches soon.For me he is stubborn bordering on arrogant and his inability to build a solid defence will ultimately define his managerial career.
I dont believe there is a single blue on here who doesnt want him to succeed but the statistics are there for all to see he just isnt good enough.

Another match day

Another day when a group of so called Evertonians have a small part of them wanting a draw or defeat
Whatever the line up announced they will find fault
During the game they will post their dismay at how the game is going
Even a win they will find any small fault to criticise the manager

On the other side of the coin we have a very large group of Evertonians that will be going the game with positve thoughts and the knowledge that we will try to play good football and go for the win.

I always though going the match was something that you looked forward to...
I guess for some that has been forgotten...
Another day on the forum, another completely fabricated and inflammatory post from somebody claiming that people are going to spend their hard earned cash and precious time going to a match that they hope everton lose.

If that happens, those who apparently wanted us to lose will complain but put forward rational reasons why it may have happened, while those 'good evertonians' will blame it on bad luck, an impossible fixture list or the fact that we don't actually want to finish higher in the league anyway, because there's no difference between the premier league and league two unless you're the champions.

I would stick with Martinez until the end of the season but he certainly needs to start winning matches soon.For me he is stubborn bordering on arrogant and his inability to build a solid defence will ultimately define his managerial career.
I dont believe there is a single blue on here who doesnt want him to succeed but the statistics are there for all to see he just isnt good enough.
What statistics?

Results mate ,are you happy with 6 league wins all season?
No. But I know the devil is in the detail this season. 11 draws most of which easily could/should have been wins as we played teams off the park.

As for the stats: better win rate as Everton manager than Moyes (44% to 42%) and third best behind Kendall and Catterick; highest Everton PL total and best since the last title winning season 30 years ago almost.

Not too many would agree they're not good enough statistics for an Everton manager.

Your support of Martinez is now becoming a personal crusade you maybe need to step back and
No. But I know the devil is in the detail this season. 11 draws most of which easily could/should have been wins as we played teams off the park.

As for the stats: better win rate as Everton manager than Moyes (44% to 42%) and third best behind Kendall and Catterick; highest Everton PL total and best since the last title winning season 30 years ago almost.

Not too many would agree they're not good enough statistics for an Everton manager.
You are comparing him favourably with a manager who won nothing in 11 years,I wouldnt mention him in the same breath as Catterick or Kendall also Big Joe ranks higher.
Your support for Martinez seems to be like a personal crusade now and you seem to have put yourself in a position that you couldnt criticise even if you wanted too.

Your support of Martinez is now becoming a personal crusade you maybe need to step back and You are comparing him favourably with a manager who won nothing in 11 years,I wouldnt mention him in the same breath as Catterick or Kendall also Big Joe ranks higher.
Your support for Martinez seems to be like a personal crusade now and you seem to have put yourself in a position that you couldnt criticise even if you wanted too.
Not at all. I criticised him last season for taking that ridiculous EL competition too seriously and screwing up our season because of it. This season I've criticised him for keeping faith in a hopeless GK.

It's just that I know a gifted manager when I see one and Martinez fits the bill. I wont be blown off course on that from one result to the next and appraise a manager in a fickle way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back