Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That not true is it? Season ticket holders are disgruntled because we have seen the team win three games at Goodison this season. Fans are disgruntled because they see the same defensive frailties every single week. They are disgruntled because they see the most talented squad in a generation massively underachieving. They are concerned that because of this under achievement, it's most talented gems will depart.
Keep asking this and no one answers, were our are gems going?

He only needs a solid GK and it's fixed. That's the stark truth of the matter.

THERE'S your foundation.
Robles has outperformed Howard in the games he has played in and yet he still picks a man that the fans hate and has been an absolute joke for two seasons.

I think the problem is a bit more deep rooted than just that, mate.

All of that is pure guess work because you don't have a clue who we would replace Martinez with.

we are currently sitting in 12th with the best squad in my lifetime. With the exception of the pure dross candidates, I cant think of anyone doing worse with this squad.

RM put together the best squad you've seen in your liftetime and got the highest points total we've ever had in the premier league era but because he's had a one and a half poor seasons you'd replace him instead of give him time?

Every single one of our young players is improving under him, it's only a matter of time until that transfers in to results. People today expect everything given to them yesterday. Unless you're a mega rich club it's not going to happen, even then it doesn't always, look at Utd.

We're all guessing as to the future, wether you want RM in charge or not, you're guessing as much as me so the statement does little to discredit anything.

Keep asking this and no one answers, were our are gems going?

My opinion, I'm not ITK but I can't see Lukaku or stones being Everton players come September.

That is a conservative estimate. We don't tend to do fire sales, so maybe it will just be them two who go.

With Howard, i think he will drop him now. At the Chelsea game he became our most played player in the PL and made his 350 app.

How has he failed? Weve got 16 games to go, were like 6 points off 6 we in a semi final in a comp we could attually have a chance of winning since 95. The way ppl are going on youd think we in Villas postion. We were robbed last week and been unlucky in other games. This is a crazy season with a LONG way to go.
Its funny how this all kicked off after we went to SB and SHOULD have won for the 1st time in 13+ years but for poor reffing and linesmanship.

Who's top of the league?

I know I'd rather be top (And yes, out both cups - so what?) than 11th.

My opinion, I'm not ITK but I can't see Lukaku or stones being Everton players come September.

That is a conservative estimate. We don't tend to do fire sales, so maybe it will just be them two who go.
Why in the world would we sell the best young Striker in the country as a fire sale?
There a chance we have new owners before the summer who might give Martinez money to spend

Who's top of the league?

I know I'd rather be top (And yes, out both cups - so what?) than 11th.
And you hit the nail on the head. Ppl are only moaning because Leicester are top, because we feel it should be us and its not quite gone our way and they are playing well out of thier skin this year

RM put together the best squad you've seen in your liftetime and got the highest points total we've ever had in the premier league era but because he's had a one and a half poor seasons you'd replace him instead of give him time?

Every single one of our young players is improving under him, it's only a matter of time until that transfers in to results. People today expect everything given to them yesterday. Unless you're a mega rich club it's not going to happen, even then it doesn't always, look at Utd.

We're all guessing as to the future, wether you want RM in charge or not, you're guessing as much as me so the statement does little to discredit anything.

I think the massive tv money has given many teams the best squad they have had in ages. The likes of Ajax would struggle to turn down WBA these days.

He did well two years ago. I wouldn't sack him now. But if there isnt a major improvement between now and the end of the season I wouldn't give him a fourth season at the club.

I thought he should get this season, so he could learn from last seasons mistakes. I wouldn't extend such generosity to next season.

How has he failed? Weve got 16 games to go, were like 6 points off 6 we in a semi final in a comp we could attually have a chance of winning since 95. The way ppl are going on youd think we in Villas postion. We were robbed last week and been unlucky in other games. This is a crazy season with a LONG way to go.
Its funny how this all kicked off after we went to SB and SHOULD have won for the 1st time in 13+ years but for poor reffing and linesmanship.

This post is spot on. It's nice to know some people look at the bigger picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back