Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you hit the nail on the head. Ppl are only moaning because Leicester are top, because we feel it should be us and its not quite gone our way and they are playing well out of thier skin this year

No mate. Not solely because loysturr are top. There's 10 other teams above us.

We ought to be a lot higher than 11th, regardless of the three-handled chamberpot run. That cup run doesn't disguise or excuse our league position.

How has he failed? Weve got 16 games to go, were like 6 points off 6 we in a semi final in a comp we could attually have a chance of winning since 95. The way ppl are going on youd think we in Villas postion. We were robbed last week and been unlucky in other games. This is a crazy season with a LONG way to go.
Its funny how this all kicked off after we went to SB and SHOULD have won for the 1st time in 13+ years but for poor reffing and linesmanship.
It didn't just all kick off, it's been an issue since the Bournemouth game. That stretch after we got through our tough opening 10, beat Villa and Sunderland and looked like we were poised to kick on buried us. We took 3 points from a possible 12 against Bournemouth, Norwich, Palace and Leicester.

And you hit the nail on the head. Ppl are only moaning because Leicester are top, because we feel it should be us and its not quite gone our way and they are playing well out of thier skin this year

Make your mind up mate. I thought we were moaning because we didn't beat Chelsea. Now we are moaning because Leicester are top.

I can only speak for myself but I'm moaning because results are not good enough. Not by a long shot.

I think the massive tv money has given many teams the best squad they have had in ages. The likes of Ajax would struggle to turn down WBA these days.

He did well two years ago. I wouldn't sack him now. But if there isnt a major improvement between now and the end of the season I wouldn't give him a fourth season at the club.

I thought he should get this season, so he could learn from last seasons mistakes. I wouldn't extend such generosity to next season.

That's fair enough. Personally, I'd give him at least until the end of next season judged on the level of performances he is starting to get out of the team on occasion. If he can sort the defence and buy a class keeper in the summer while keeping the squad together, importantly Lukaku, we could have an amazing season next year.

I think it'll be hard to keep Lukaku and Stones beyond the summer though.

No mate. Not solely because loysturr are top. There's 10 other teams above us.

We ought to be a lot higher than 11th, regardless of the three-handled chamberpot run. That cup run doesn't disguise or excuse our league position.
Swap Leister with Chelsea and the fume would be alot less. I agree the home form hasnt been great, but we have improved on last season, the footys better this year, yeah we made mistakes defensively but we missed a lot kf chances as well

Swap Leister with Chelsea and the fume would be alot less. I agree the home form hasnt been great, but we have improved on last season, the footys better this year, yeah we made mistakes defensively but we missed a lot kf chances as well

What is it you don't get about what I said? We're 11th. There is work to do; rather than has been done.

EDIT: 12th :(

Why in the world would we sell the best young Striker in the country as a fire sale?
There a chance we have new owners before the summer who might give Martinez money to spend

I never said selling Lukaku would be a fire sale. Selling lukaku, Barkley, stones, Coleman and Mirallas would be.

I don't think it will be a fire sale because as I said we don't do fire sales. But I do think lukaku and stones will go. If we were challenging for top four I think we would be in a better position to keep them but it would still be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back