Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make your mind up mate. I thought we were moaning because we didn't beat Chelsea. Now we are moaning because Leicester are top.

I can only speak for myself but I'm moaning because results are not good enough. Not by a long shot.
The major arguement started after we failed to beat Chelsea but that over fume reaction is because Leicester are top, if Chelsea was top and we drew 3-3 wed all be amazing result and were improving but ppl want to use a 3-3 at the champions as a stick to beat Martinez with.
Dont get me wrong we should be doing better but then again were Everton when do we do anything easy?

Robles has outperformed Howard in the games he has played in and yet he still picks a man that the fans hate and has been an absolute joke for two seasons.

I think the problem is a bit more deep rooted than just that, mate.
If Robles had played all season we would now be minimum 7/8 points better off. No question in my mind. That'd have us about 5th/6th right now.

Crucial juncture of the season. There's still time to rescue the league campaign and make a huge statement in the cups. The season is on a knife edge. Are Roberto and the players ready to stand up and grab what is available? The alternative is this all unraveling over the course of 3 or 4 games into a mess. Still time though for Roberto to prove his mettle here.

League position is important if it's top four places. If it isn't the rest is nowhere. 5th-11th = nowhere.

Dave, please stop saying that.

It makes you sound ridiculous and will eventually dilute the many fine things you say in support of the manager and which I am generally four square with.

League positioning is very important.

5th is vastly superior to 11th.......if for no better reason that it means EFC have won more matches and given that everyone round these parts feels better about the world after an Everton victory that most certainly is not "nowhere".

:p

No one can defend our position in the league. With the squad we have we should be top four or very close.
I could be opening myself up to a full-scale torrent of abuse but I feel we are very close to being the team we all want us to be. We have the ability to play great football and score goals. I imagine we can agree on that. I imagine we all agree we can't defend a lead to save our lives. At this point I would rather have Martinez there making adjustments to make sure we keep what we have and add to it. I know he appears reluctant to make those changes but he has moved us on. While he is the manager of a team that can't protect a 2-0 scoreline he is also the manager of the team that gets 2-0 up.
At the moment I prefer to have him try to sort out the team that he has built rather than have someone else come in and deconstruct this team and start to build another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back