Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna come across as all RAWKish now with this analogy, but NEA.

If this was a game of snakes n ladders, at this moment we'd be on about square 45 (Out of 100) given our league position. The next few games, (but especially the 2nd leg) are gonna see us go up a medium-sized ladder to around square 60, or down a fairly long snake to about square 20.

Another match day

Another day when a group of so called Evertonians have a small part of them wanting a draw or defeat
Whatever the line up announced they will find fault
During the game they will post their dismay at how the game is going
Even a win they will find any small fault to criticise the manager

On the other side of the coin we have a very large group of Evertonians that will be going the game with positve thoughts and the knowledge that we will try to play good football and go for the win.

I always though going the match was something that you looked forward to...
I guess for some that has been forgotten...

Great post.

And I cannot believe how excited I am about the visit of Swansea flippin City in a routine mid season league fixture.

COYB

Dave, please stop saying that.

It makes you sound ridiculous and will eventually dilute the many fine things you say in support of the manager and which I am generally four square with.

League positioning is very important.

5th is vastly superior to 11th.......if for no better reason that it means EFC have won more matches and given that everyone round these parts feels better about the world after an Everton victory that mist certainly is not "nowhere".

:p
He is technically right though, same with any other league coming 7 in the championship is the same as coming 15th you dont go up or down, only real diffrence is the x amount of money you get.

Having said that we should be 5th and i think anything under 7th is really bad

He is technically right though, same with any other league coming 7 in the championship is the same as coming 15th you dont go up or down, only real diffrence is the x amount of money you get.

Having said that we should be 5th and i think anything under 7th is really bad

He is not right.

If he was right then there is little point of me and 40,000 other Evertonians leaving our firesides on a winter Sunday in January to watch a team adopt that attitude and just go through the motions simply because "technically" 5th position is just the same as 11th.....and presumably any other, lower position north of 18th.

The matchgoing public do not believe thst.....the players do not believe that....the manager does not believe that.

Thank goodness for that :pint2:

Gone round and round with this... Why dont you blame Mirallas as he missed a 1 on 1 that he should have scored and made it 3-1. Or Barkley for hitting post/bar and notbputting it in the net

Don't get me wrong, there's no free pass for either of them two neither; but what's worse - them? Or Jagielka/Howard allowing them back into it?

Dave, please stop saying that.
It makes you sound ridiculous and will eventually dilute the many fine things you say in support of the manager and which I am generally four square with.
League positioning is very important.
5th is vastly superior to 11th.......if for no better reason that it means EFC have won more matches and given that everyone round these parts feels better about the world after an Everton victory that most certainly is not "nowhere".

:p
Results are important in stamping the performances a success...but then again how do you define 'results'?

A result can be argued quite legitimately be viewed as a game where you either win or are not beaten in. If that's the criteria then we've played 28 matches and lost just 5. In other words, we've scored a result in 82% of our games.

Results are important in stamping the performances a success...but then again how do you define 'results'?

No wonder the plotters are imploding and arguing among themselves, Dave.

Replies like that drive even your supporters (like me) to :pint2:

lol

I am leaving now for the game.....and I still hope we win to close in on that 5th spot :p

Viva Entertainers Football Club ;)

Don't get me wrong, there's no free pass for either of them two neither; but what's worse - them? Or Jagielka/Howard allowing them back into it?
Same with the Norwich and Palace game, we missed so many chances that we should have been out if sight.
Equally you put Da Gea in our team and we be top. Howard should be and hopefully has been dropped, i think he should have saved Terrys goal

A result can be argued quite legitimately be viewed as a game where you either win or are not beaten in. If that's the criteria then we've played 28 matches and lost just 5. In other words, we've scored a result in 82% of our games.

In the context of league placings, why are you saying 28 games? We've only played 22 league games as of right now.

And why are you trying to redefine the generally accepted definition of a result (One where there's a positive outcome, i.e. a win) ?

The summer is too late. That'll be a full season wasted through blind loyalty.

Not good management
Agree that he should be dropped for Joel, meant more insofar as finding a quality keeper to bring in as a replacement. There may not be suitable players available this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back