Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is my point really. We know this team has trouble putting back to back results together. I think maybe two in three days is going to be a tall order. I'd rather we targeted that far more important cup game.

Yep.. But that's kinda annoying mate

Two good cup runs and midtable, or one good cup run and a 60 point total is what I'd describe as a good season while we're rebuilding.

We're still on track for that.

It'll surpass my expectations if we get a cup final/cup win plus midtable.
I think your expectations are a bit low, tbh. Before Martinez we were a solid top 7 side. Rebuilding on that would be Top 4+.

I think your expectations are a bit low, tbh. Before Martinez we were a solid top 7 side. Rebuilding on that would be Top 4+.

Dave only does it to get a reaction. I wouldn't take any notice. Last season his expectations were a lot higher for this season but he changes them to fit our league position to make it look like Bobby is doing a good job.

Before Martinez? IIRC we finished 5th in his first season here, so better than 'solid top 7', then last season we posted a poor season finish. This season we'll have to wait and see. If we win tomorrow we're two points off 'solid top 7th'.

In short: you're exaggerating.

A cup run should not detriment our league position. In fact, it should be expected from this so called talented squad of players.

Cup runs traditionally give a boost to league results.

The players try harder in the league the closer thee team gets to Wembley so as to force their y into the starting XI on Cup Final day.

AN I WAS WATCHIN KEVIN PRESSMAN RUN UP TO TAKE A GOALKICK AND THE LAD NEXT TO ME SHOUTED "PUT YOUR WEIGHT BEHIND ME THAT KEVIN LAD" AN ANOTHER WAG SHOUTED "AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SAID SHUT UP LAD" AN EVERYONE AROUND US WAS IN BULK. GREAT SITE LADS NSNO.

Credit where credit's due mate, you're a vastly better Everton writer than Mickey Blue Eyes ever was

Reading his tosh was like stream of consciousness versions of MickM86's Football Diaries

Before Martinez? IIRC we finished 5th in his first season here, so better than 'solid top 7', then last season we posted a poor season finish. This season we'll have to wait and see. If we win tomorrow we're two points off 'solid top 7th'.

In short: you're exaggerating.

We are 12th mate, we finished 11th last season.

In short : Stop making stuff up.

Deal in facts please.

You just get the feeling the "phoney war" ends tomorrow.

Over the course of the next week and a half all that Bobby had been building toward these past two and a half years could start to manifest itself with results to reflect the eye catching peformances we have been treated to this season.

By Wednesday of next week we could be savouring the prospect of a League Cup final, be involved in the latter stages of the F.A. Cup and climbing the table on the back of two league wins over relegation haunted teams.

This is when EFC needs to stand up and come out fighting......keep the bottle instead of losing it.

This season is about to get a whole lot more interesting.

I for one expect great things over the next ten or eleven days ;)

Above us only blue sky.

Viva Bobby Brown Shoes and his Blue Buccaneers :celebrate:

We are 12th mate, we finished 11th last season.

In short : Stop making stuff up.

Deal in facts please.
12th is not where we'll end up in May. Neither is 11th. I reckon we'll finish 8th - one spot off 7th place trophy winners. That'll probably satisfy people who're concerned about such things.

Credit where credit's due mate, you're a vastly better Everton writer than Mickey Blue Eyes ever was

Reading his tosh was like stream of consciousness versions of MickM86's Football Diaries
Err are you giving any sort of compliment to anything I've wrote?

You know the dance mate, end this madness.

I just do it out of habit lid. It's weak arsed words, Mark O'Brien is miles ahead of any Everton fan writing stuff. Executioners Bong was ace too. We're lucky to have such lids.

So the cult is happy with finishing 8th?
It'll be put down as rebuilding.
Still not sure how people come to that conclusion when we have probably our best squad for ages.

Wait till next season when it gets worse when Lukaku and Stones are gone so we start the rebuilding again.

I look at RM's transfer deals and I wonder at his astuteness. Plus EFC are now playing great football and apart from the tosser in the goal we would be 10 points better off. Lukaku, Besic, Robles, Del Boy, Mori, even Kone has made a laudable comeback this season. Plus he has bought a bunch of promising kids. We used to have to play Neville and Hibbert, those two mediocrities would never get in today's team.

I find it hard to believe that RM has so many knockers - The Howard Mystery apart - and ask people to compare with him the other managers in the Premier with his transfer dealings. Plus dealing with a Chairman who has invested nil pounds in the club and has practiced 'Sell to Buy' since Day One.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back