Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he's much better at defending Martinez than you.

Off topic.

What is his defence of Martinez? And how is it 'better' = primary school childishness - than mine? Which would also be off topic.

On topic. Martinez will know how to get the right result on Wednesday. I'll be there to. Hope you are, we could meet up for a pint before the game or a celebratory one after the game?

I have typed and deleted many responses to this which were lighthearted, but actually, I demand we win the European Cup lol

Unfortunately I don't think Roberto is the man to deliver, at least not at the rate his teams leak goals.

We're ace attackers but for me we give the ball away too cheaply - does the blame for individual errors lie at his door? Without inside knowledge of his training and coaching regimes it's difficult for us to judge. Anyone here work in Finch Farm? Does he come in laughing or does he know he's got a job on his hands to get us back up there? I await the onslaught of FF wind ups (to threadban, like).

I'm sure his motives are good. Remember two years ago when we all creamed our jeans over him saying he appreciated our history after 11 years of Moyes FC? But is he able to execute his plans effectively? He may be, but his lack of ability to learn from mistakes is certainly alarming - or is it stubbornness?

He perseveres with Starjump Timmy, but in truth, is the way the team is set up going to give any goalkeeper nightmares?

I guess, until Wednesday at least, I'll stick with "hmm"....

Ultimately, if you don't demand your team wins the European Cup then what's the point? We have got to aim to get that high. And I know that it just isn't possible under Martinez.

From here on out I'll take a League Cup win, a top 10 finish and keeping Lukaku. But what I'd love most is a manager who I believe can get us to the heights we should be striving towards

Never thought I'd miss Moyes but I'm really starting to.

Well if our players are so much better, explain the 3 wins since September then. Some of you need to wake up I think, we are not very good at winning football matches, which is kind of the objective of the game.
That 84 team had 4..would you also had sacked Kendal? My point is that we could and perhaps should be top 6 - if we were this forum would be pro Martinez - fine margins... I accept their has to be a turning point as we did in 84 - City could well be it.

We've got absolutely no backbone. So gutless it's frightening, and that reflects the manager's soft, feeble personality. He's such a wet fart it's unbelievable
Thats the spirit!! Not worth watching Wed mate - or for that matter if we get through you won't want to go the final.

The leagues 'top scorer' was off the pace and didn't get on to the end of Deulofeu's crosses. The leagues top scorer doesn't alter the fact that we have concede 12 goals in 11 away games. As you will tell me, it looked different live at the game today. I am sure you are going to tell me that, watching it live in the ground today Lukaku didn't quite make it because...

I repeat we have concede 12 goals away from home in 11 games, better than any other Everton manager has achieved. It's not hard to grasp really. We can defend away from home as we did at City..

You do realise that 'we have dropped 107 points from the last 183 available' and 'we have won 1 in 10, 6 in 23 and 18 in 61' is also a pith - an essence of something. Surely, you do. You can't be that ....

Oh dear. A LikeMonkey. I'll finish were I started we have concede 12 goals in 11 away games.

Simple reason for this is teams attack us more away from home which means we are more likely not to get hit on the counter attack. It's the same for a lot of teams this season. We've conceded the same as Palace and 1 less than WBA. At home we do the attacking whilst teams sit back an hit us on the counter when our full backs are stuck up the pitch. 4-5-1 works away fine but not so well at home against the lesser teams, this is where we are coming unstuck.

There's no way that Spurs have, pound for pound a better first 11 than Everton. and yet just look at the difference in terms of tangible output. I'm afraid their manager is far superior to RM.

All roads lead to Martinez

True this, i also think we have a better squad then several teams, but the most important person on the playing side of a football club is the manager and ours is rubbish.

We've got absolutely no backbone. So gutless it's frightening, and that reflects the manager's soft, feeble personality. He's such a wet fart it's unbelievable
Weak is the word I 'd suggest. Talented players but weak in mentality. So there's some booing in the crowd. Get a grip. Peter Reid, Andy Gray et all must be laughing at his rhetoric. The players need to grow up and fast.

No way he goes:

1) Do the board even know what went on today? Not sure, they weren't even there
2) He only gets sacked if we go down
3) Not a chance we'd cough up the 5/6mill it would cost in compo

In hindsight, the 5 year contract or whatever it was...not the smartest move.

Genuinely interested to read a rational defence of Martinez at this point. Not a WUM post, but someone who actually thinks he's the right man for the job and can actually give reasons.

Because for the life of me I can't think of one.

He's got us attacking really really well. This isn't a team playing terribly, it's a young team playing very well and then self sabotaging. It doesn't feel like it needs a complete change in everything, just little tweeks. We're not getting thrashed, we're throwing games away we palyed well in.

Which is why I tend to be in the more time rather than change of manager camp. Because I can see what we're trying to do and we do some of it really well. It feels like a good team is waiting to emerge from that squad.

And also we're one win from a trophy, you can't properly judge this season until the cups are played out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back