Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me naive, but I do think roberto could go by end of season if we go out and things don't pick up. Don't get the impression bill has given him jut quite as untouchable a position as his predecessor

I sadly do get that impression.

Purely just for how much it might cost to get rid and get a new man in.

Favre was linked with us before he quit Gladbach. A great manager and definitely has accomplished more than Martinez.

Only problem I would have is that he quit Gladbach when things were going wrong near the beginning of this season. Would we want someone who quits their job when things don't go their way?

I sadly do get that impression.

Purely just for how much it might cost to get rid and get a new man in.

The expectations are just so much greater now and rightly so. The crowd could make it untennable. Bill didn't face a situation like that under moyes. Once crowd has decided, it's goodnight as far as I'm concerned, no matter how loyal bill is.

Call me naive, but I do think roberto could go by end of season if we go out and things don't pick up. Don't get the impression bill has given him jut quite as untouchable a position as his predecessor
Nothing will change unless new owners take over or league status is threatened. Its a shame Roberto got Bill excited when he allegedly said he'll get us into the Championship sorry Champions League

The expectations are just so much greater now and rightly so. The crowd could make it untennable. Bill didn't face a situation like that under moyes. Once crowd has decided, it's goodnight as far as I'm concerned, no matter how loyal bill is.

Maybe mate. Maybe indeed.

To be honest id rather we just started effing winning and this thread can die.

Or just be happy.

Favre was linked with us before he quit Gladbach. A great manager and definitely has accomplished more than Martinez.

Only problem I would have is that he quit Gladbach when things were going wrong near the beginning of this season. Would we want someone who quits their job when things don't go their way?
Or too stubborn to stay when the position is untenable. At least if they leave no compo but not good for continuity

You haven't been entertained and the players haven't shown pride? I find that hard to understand when you consider the amount of goals we've scored and some of the fabulous attacking play we've witnessed. Some of your post I can't disagree with, but I can't accept they haven't played in the main with pride.

Mate....you know what, read your BIG post, liked it a lot, but, hmmm, the amount of goals conceded comes into play also for me, and the attacking play, when it pays off, yep, it can be a joy...but it cancels itself out a lot of the time via the results. And the results aren't gonna change unless he's willing to adapt occasionally.....and everything of the man and his record suggests he won't. Ergo loggerheads I feel...

Yes, brilliant, he's a confident, knowledgeable guy, and he believes in something SO much that it may well cost him dearly. Purely from the absolute selfish point of his own career he should now consider looking at things from a different angle. Will he? Again, all things point to no...

I didn't see much pride on Sunday mate did you?

And this business about building. Ok, I get it, but balance it. On the one hand there is the question of building a youthful side, great, if that's the case then build it as such and don't demand that they play as if his 'philosophy' has been accomplished and mastered already. It - clearly - hasn't.
Take Sunday as e.g. the backpass moment, if you will... This is playing to instruction, we so often lose possession in and around this area and - as I said in another thread (where I wasn't sure where the eff I was!) - it culminates in putting us under immediate threat and danger of concession. And it happens SO often without address. And the only thing it teaches players is how to panic. Again, this is an international back-line, most of whom would dance into a majority of prem sides yet it just doesn't gel for the most any more...

I don't like the idea of sacking him, and I don't want us to become 'one of them' whence a spate of appointments kicks off. But I'm really, REALLY struggling with him at the moment. And I'm struggling with the fact that if he doesn't get it right then it's gonna be costly on all fronts...

If Martinez goes it will be a domino effect

This to me is the biggest question mark. If guys like Rom, Stones, Geri and Barkley would hightail it outta here if he goes this may not be the best option unless we had a suitable replacement, a guy that shares what he wants in attack but understands what we need to do defensively. I fear they really believe he can take them to another level (which includes their pocketbooks), then we may not get another year or two out of them, which would be sad indeed.

Then he has nowhere to hide come Monday night against Newcastle

No more "I'd take 16th with a cup" shouts, it's gone, fail to perform and the fans are going to get toxic, Even more so than Yesterday

The fans are boycotting Goodison for the Monday game against Newcastle. It's nailed on to be empty and deathly quiet.

The floodlights and stewards are going on strike too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back