Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle with the squad thing. I really do ya know? We have one striker.
Yeah, agree. That being said, the quality of our first team is such that we could potentially compete for CL in a topsy turvy season like this without Howard being an abortion, so you have to say we have underperformed and considerably so.
I'd consider a finish out of the top half without a cup fire-able material, 7th or better with no cup would be ok albeit disappointing because we need to win something. A bottom ten finish with a cup would still raise plenty of questions for me, he'd have to show in the next season pre January that he could turn it around in the league.

He doesn't seem to have many happy departures does he.
Does tend to get a job done while he's there mind

He also seeks to create rivalries with felow managers which burns bridges with other teams in the league

Madrid job - ruled him out of the Barca and Athletico ones
Inter - ruled him out of AC job
Chelsea - ruled him out of the Liverpool and Arsenal jobs

United job has basically been blocked from Charlton etc due to his style - thats 6 quite big managerial positions he will never even be considered for due to past conflicts, supposedly similar thin,king from the Bayern setup about him as well

He will never manage at Madrid, Inter, Chelsea again either so 10 of the top 20 jobs in world football and probably 8 of the top 10 he has no chance at anymore, absolutely no idea where he will end up managing at next

Our squad that's apparently too big and built for European football has one right back, 3 centre backs, no natural left sided midfielders (Pienaar fitness) and one striker.

Yep, all that, spot on...

But he's building remember, 'strengthening from window to window...'

Yet 'the squad's too big'?!?!?!?

And he's already stated he doesn't envisage adding anyone this window.

Y'know....building?!?!?!

#OffHisTeats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back