Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to review him at the end of the season.

I think we can't afford to pay out his contract if we sacked him, but if we get the new owners before the end of the season, things may change.

Then he will definitely have to pull his socks up a bit before the summer.

I am going to review him at the end of the season.

I think we can't afford to pay out his contract if we sacked him, but if we get the new owners before the end of the season, things may change.

Then he will definitely have to pull his socks up a bit before the summer.

Don't think we have any option to be honest. Nothing is probably going to happen.

I think our starting line up is potentially a top 6 team. I sadly think our squad is not. :(

Actually I agree with you ijjy. I think we get 12/13 good players but the subs are a bit weak. As a whole I think we shall get 6th/7th with a view of getting a cup.

Bet you were laughing when they thought they could get Klopp? And they did.

It wont happen in a million years, but some of the points people make are good ones.

Mourinho is in a different league to Klopp who lets be honest did a decent job for a short period at the 2nd biggest club in Germany.

The jury is still hugely out on Klopp to a certain degree as he 2 has had very bad patches at his previous clubs and his form at Liverpool is not too great which deep down they would privately admit although not in public. It's all well and good saying it's not his squad but isn't the idea of a coach is to sort issues out and improve which he clearly isn't doing.

Mourinho on the other hand has won everything there is to win and done so on multiple occasions.

Improving how mate? We've always been better at defending against the better sides because we don't have enough of the ball to make mistakes. That's what we saw in the games against City, Spurs etc. Against Swansea it was back to normal.

What facilities don't we have? Finch Farm is excellent. The ground perhaps but from a players perspective the ground is quality, and a real place for football. The Premiership is now where the money is, more and more top managers will come over and want to manage here, both for the money and to try their hand in such a competitive league. You only had to look at the money league last week and it was dominated by English clubs.

We need to get on the top manager bandwagon quickly before we get left behind. Mourinho may decide he doesn't want to go to Everton and that's fair enough, but we should be aiming high in the next appointment.

Remember when Boro had Bryan Robson in charge? Weird as it was he was suddenly able to attract loads of top players such was his reputation in the game, to Middlesborough!!! I'm not suggesting we take Robson away from his matchday duties in the hospitality of Old Trafford, but it just shows what having a top football reputation can do when trying to bring players in, or keeping players in.

Being honest Finch farm is not all that although it certainly wouldn't put a manager off coming here it's no where near as good as it gets made out to be. Not even top 8 for training grounds in this country.

Being honest Finch farm is not all that although it certainly wouldn't put a manager off coming here it's no where near as good as it gets made out to be. Not even top 8 for training grounds in this country.

Have you been to them all and reviewed them?

I've been to a fair few in fairness and it's pretty good. Which 8 are better in your opinion?

Have you been to them all and reviewed them?

I've been to a fair few in fairness and it's pretty good.

Not all mate but I have been to at least 5 or 6 which are in a completely different league to it and 3 or 4 that are at least on a par.

Have you been to Spurs, City, Arsenal, Chelsea & United?? They completely blow it out of the water.

The semi final is great to be there, but again as I have pointed out several times, any team can have a cup run.

There also comes a time when you realise that it can't all be down to bad luck. Yes some very nice football played, but if it isn't winning you games which is the object of the game, then you have problems.

As for the fans, is it feasible possibly for a load of very well paid footballers to get themselves up for an important game without having to rely on the crowd to do so?

I do to an extent, sympathize with some of the young players as we do tend to get on the teams back a lot these days. On the other hand these guys are mostly millionaires and quite frankly if they get a bottom lip tremble every time that nasty crowdy-wowdy shouts at them maybe they need to think about another type of 'less stressful' job?

More importantly, maybe Martinez should re-direct the wagging finger he seems to be pointing at us - towards himself?
Why should we have to 'keep quiet' or pretend everything we're watching is great purely to help the players compensate for his inept tactics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back