Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his stubbornness at Wigan is anything to go by, he really won't be changing much any time soon :/

He's still trying to figure out what happened there.
Exciting all out attack - check
Inability to defend - check
In a great moment - check
Phenomenal attitude - check
Relegation - WTF how did that happen

Be an interesting press conference today (in a few minutes) given that Southall, Collymore, Reid, Carragher, Souness and Hunt have all come out and essentially said the same thing.

Maybe Phil Kirkbride or Greg O'Keefe will ask some decent questions of him - like Howard, like Stones, like the defence in general, like strengthening the squad with Naismith being sold and two first team players just lost to injury. Like if he accepts any responsibility at all for the number of home games won.

Or maybe not...

I think we aren't allowed to put links here unless we post the whole article as well and, since I don't agree with GOT's stance on copyright theft, I won't do that.

(The Echo mentions where it is but don't link to it, which is equally bad.)

I think we aren't allowed to put links here unless we post the whole article as well and, since I don't agree with GOT's stance on copyright theft, I won't do that.

(The Echo mentions where it is but don't link to it, which is equally bad.)

Copyright theft?

He's still trying to figure out what happened there.
Exciting all out attack - check
Inability to defend - check
In a great moment - check
Phenomenal attitude - check
Relegation - WTF how did that happen

I still recall his interview on the pitch after the defining Wigan game at the Emirates (1-4 I think). He said he was 'shocked' they'd been relegated. Scary stuff

This questions are pretty much the same every week. No one dares to give the brown shoes hard one or to question his decisions

-questions about injuries
-transfer speculation
-how are you feeling playing in the semifinal
-will robles start

Not all mate but I have been to at least 5 or 6 which are in a completely different league to it and 3 or 4 that are at least on a par.

Have you been to Spurs, City, Arsenal, Chelsea & United?? They completely blow it out of the water.

I've not been to the new Spurs one, but have been to the others yeah, not sure they all blow it out of the water though, although they're much newer though I believe. But like you said it wouldn't put someone off coming here.

Publishing other people's content without consent. Since I'm a former journalist and currently publish my own stuff online, I have a particular issue with that.

But if the posting of the article includes the journalist and source (Echo for example) where is the theft?
Off topic I know, i'm just genuinely interested!

But if the posting of the article includes the journalist and source (Echo for example) where is the theft?
Off topic I know, i'm just genuinely interested!
Without going too far OT, it's generally accepted that you can take a paragraph or so and provide a link (follow or no-follow, as you like).

Copy and pasting is another thing (particularly common amongst the dodgier websites so that they can stick ads around the articles).
'Rewriting' without attribution is another (and the Echo has been guilty of that in the past).
And taking content from other sites and not linking is yet another (and again the Echo is a culprit).

Anyway, Bobby should be on in a moment, he said getting back OT as quick as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back