Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's only 42 - young for a manager.

In the same way we go on about our young players fulfilling their potential, same can probably be said of Martinez. He's got loads of flaws but I reckon he'll be a very good manager one day[
Well I don't want to see our players doing this:

keane-durso.jpg
And that was just because they lost the toss

I think you'll find that money does make a difference.

Positions in the Premier League usually reflect the wage bills of the clubs.
Sorry mate. Not arsed one but about net spend, wages or any of today's excuses. I have made my mind up on the quality of squad we have, I have matched that up with an expectation Martinez isn't even meeting my minimum expectation so that's my stance. I'm sticking to it, until he proves he can get us winning. That's all I want.

Sorry mate. Not arsed one but about net spend, wages or any of today's excuses. I have made my mind up on the quality of squad we have, I have matched that up with an expectation Martinez isn't even meeting my minimum expectation so that's my stance. I'm sticking to it, until he proves he can get us winning. That's all I want.

He's had more than enough time to "prove" himself. The only evidence we have is that he's clearly not good enough

Well, you don't want to be swayed by little things like finances then.

But it doesn't leave much room for debating, does it?

TBH mate I've spent way to long on here tonight, wasn't even gonna come on, if you're just another poster who blames everyone bar Martinez then we have little to talk about. Because only one man can change my mind and that's Mr Martinez, he can do that by improving results.

Again, and sorry for going on about it, last night was our 70th domestic game since we kicked off season 14/15 away at the KP stadium, only 21 times have we won in 90 minutes (22inc Barnsley AET) my opinion is that that isn't good enough. That's my angle.

Can you tell me why it is or if not who fault outside of Martinez it is. The buck stops with the manager in almost any business/sports team or whatever the world over, why is he immune?

Nope mate.

I believe that we're playing some good stuff and the results aren't showing that. I think that's partly down to bad luck, partly down to naivety and a lack of leadership from the players, and partly down to Martinez.

The results, as they stand, aren't good enough, no.

However, focusing on this season, which is all that matters at the moment, I think we've shown enough to prove we're capable of going on a run. When it clicks, we can beat anyone, and at times we can be genuinely unplayable. Unfortunately, our problem all season has been that we can't keep it going consistently, not just over a run of games, but even in matches themselves. Like Jekyll and Hide.

However, I don't believe that it is enough to sack Martinez for right now. 1, There are no viable alternatives that would drastically improve us that would leave their jobs now to take over us. 2, he has built this squad, and believe it or not, this team like playing under him.

Martinez is the one in charge, the players have to show the grit on the pitch to get a run together - we know the quality is there. Martinez has to help them by being more flexible in his tactics, which I think, on a game to game basis, he is. It's his stubbornness to not change in a game which tends to cost him. And, obviously, the issue of Howard.

He is not immune, but I don't like the thought of us becoming a club that sacks a manager who, for while under-achieving, is in no way ruining our club or team.

Fed up of the doom and gloom. It's boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back