Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's a horrid injury I wouldn't wish upon anybody, never mind a player who is a joy to watch.

However, fact remains is that the City players all night backed into ours to win those little fouls, that really, aren't fouls.

Mori got all the ball. If Aguero hadn't been backing in, he wouldn't have got any of the man either.

Doesn't help either when Pelligrini (who I used to like or at least feel sorry for seeing as he's a dead manager walking) waving imaginary yellow cards at the ref. Sort of sets the tempo for the team IMO

See, we all have our own cut off points! Mine was losing to Swansea for the first time ever in the league, but you could pick from probably so many games this season or last.

I set the fella goals, I gave him till October after last Season, I saw promising signs, so I "reviewed it" again in December, I really thought he could give us a trip to Wembley and at 1-0 last night I stupidly allowed myself to dream. I promised myself I wouldnt make a snap judgement based on last night and I havent, ive had a little think and I think it should be "reviewed" again at the end of the season, our progress in the cup, our final league placing and signs of improvement, consistency and more importantly a change in general attitude, he needs to stop playing the victim and instead of crying like an utter lil bish, man up, shout at the players, tell the media to jog on, DO SOMETHING differently, cos whats hes currently doing simply isnt working.

I don't share your recollection.

But if they had engulfed the referee, what would it have achieved, apart from a handful of bookings?
Look at the teams that have won this league or finished relatively high up, then look at how they get at the refs, it's not right, but it's idealistic thinking being nice will ultimately see us through. Because it hasn't been and it won't do.

Nope I got there pretty quickly thanks.

Last night was an emotional smack in the face but losing away to City in the way we did should have absolutely nothing to do with whether Martinez is the right manager for us at the moment.

Those that say last night "tipped the balance" etc - really should just trundle down to Sports Direct* and order a full red kit. Or black and white strips. Oh and be sure to follow Soccer AM on Twitter while you're at it.

*I appreciate for some it's not possible to order off the shelf 5XL so I'll give @MoutsGoat etc a day or so to order his online.

Leave out the kopite comparisons.

Doesn't help either when Pelligrini (who I used to like or at least feel sorry for seeing as he's a dead manager walking) waving imaginary yellow cards at the ref. Sort of sets the tempo for the team IMO
Is that what he was doing. I thought he was asking Aunt Sally for a nice slice of cake.

Look at the teams that have won this league or finished relatively high up, the look at how they get at the refs, it's not right, but it's idealistic thinking being nice will ultimately see us through. Because it hasn't been and it won't do.

Do you think those teams are successful because they argue with the referee?

There's more to it than that!

And there have been successful managers who have cultivated sporting behaviour in their teams.

Look at the teams that have won this league or finished relatively high up, the look at how they get at the refs, it's not right, but it's idealistic thinking being nice will ultimately see us through. Because it hasn't been and it won't do.

This is what cheeses me off, the way we just accept every decision given against us. As you say, it's not right, but I'm sick off us acting like a team of pussies.

Thing is, and it is strange, I can see the kernal of a boss manager. But, He isnt helping him self.

You want to sit him a room, and show him how a team sees out being 3 1 up, away, with what, an hour to go? In a semi final.

And I just dont believe that he is a stupid man.

I like him. I really do, and I do not want some "latest great thing" here. I want him to show he has the intelligence to see it for himself.

I posted similar last winter btw. *sigh*

Thing is, and it is strange, I can see the kernal of a boss manager. But, He isnt helping him self.

You want to sit him a room, and show him how a team sees out being 3 1 up, away, with what, an hour to go? In a semi final.

And I just dont believe that he is a stupid man.

I like him. I really do, and I do not want some "latest great thing" here. I want him to show he has the intelligence to see it for himself.

I posted similar last winter btw. *sigh*

get a new/another coach in alongside him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back