Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Press conference today....RM says we are not under acheiving......phew, thank goodness, feel a lot happier now
image.webp

That and he'll say it was our decision to sell them.

Don't forget mate, we leave EVERY window stronger than we start it.

To put that in the context that is required;

Coleman gets injured - no recognised right back
Barkley gets injured, Cleverley goes in at 10
Lukaku gets injured, Kone is our one recognised centre forward

If you think results are bad now, imagine if these three things occurred in February.

Don't forget mate, we leave EVERY window stronger than we start it.

To put that in the context that is required;

Coleman gets injured - no recognised right back
Barkley gets injured, Cleverley goes in at 10
Lukaku gets injured, Kone is our one recognised centre forward

If you think results are bad now, imagine if these three things occurred in February.
Don't worry we have flappy in goal if it all goes pear shaped

Think Martinez's press conference was along the lines of, because we haven't won the league or a trophy for a few years, we can't be underachieving, because no bar has been set.
I haven't seen it mate, the image in my last post was in response to the first thing I've heard about it. If it's true it's quite dissapointing. If you're right in what you're saying then it's still unacceptable, it's him basically saying if we're not winning the league it doesn't matter where we finish.

It's an individual thing as a fan I suppose, the ones who are happy with him must be happy for a reason, the ones who aren't must be expecting slightly more. And the ones who never wanted him are getting what they thought would happen.

Press conference today....RM says we are not under acheiving......phew, thank goodness, feel a lot happier now
I wish someone would call him out with his own personal Davek stat: you had seventy two points in your first season. Why are you not there with a squad largely the same and, in fact, should be better as they are all gelled? You had more wins in your first season than the next two combined so far. You finished 5th, then 11th and are now 12th. How can you say you're NOT underachieving?

I haven't seen it mate, the image in my last post was in response to the first thing I've heard about it. If it's true it's quite dissapointing. If you're right in what you're saying then it's still unacceptable, it's him basically saying if we're not winning the league it doesn't matter where we finish.

It's an individual thing as a fan I suppose, the ones who are happy with him must be happy for a reason, the ones who aren't must be expecting slightly more. And the ones who never wanted him are getting what they thought would happen.
Think he has to get it into his head that at the moment, league wise, this squad of players are underachieving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back