Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
See we look at things totally different. As a top 6 team we where exactly that. Best of the rest and 0% chance of cracking the top 4 in other words stuck (safe but not progressing) so something had to change....style of footy has changed from youth to top with emphasis more on ability to keep possession and play footy. This has not been to everyones liking but it is one of the very few ways of progression without the resources. Stage 1 has bore fruit and we now play a better type of football. Results are not forthcoming as of yet but we are getting close IMO. Like I have said umpteen times I would rather see us fail trying than be content with a top six position when that position is the prime objective and is classed as success. You know and I know we never had a chance of cracking the top 4 with the style of football we use to play as it could only take you so far. We have now discarded that old fashioned type of footy for the newer more progressive style which could or could not break the top 4. At least we could now have a realistic crack at it if the pieces fall into place. Its still a long shot but at least its a shot now. Therefore my friend I see that as progressive rather than backwards. We now have a loaded gun but need to shoot accurate whereas it was only a knife to a gunfight. (defeatist talk). Our new man IMO will keep the ship steady with a few extra quid for RM to get to his main aim that little bit quicker.
Absolutely spot on this - before you have REAL progress there is a transition which brings as we all have seen frustration. We have to trust RM to get it right - fine margins in games and very easily we could have another 10 points. Positively he has most of the jigsaw pieces now to put it together..investment being another piece we now have.

The new owner will not be the reason for Martinez to go in the summer, Kenwright will no doubt have a major say in how the club is run over the transition period at least. Hence him keeping a stake. Cant see Martinez going till atleast christmas.

Everton + Mourinho > Liverpool + Klopp
Everton + Martinez <= Liverpool + Klopp

Mourinho v Guardiola = Mourinho :(
Mourinho v Klopp = Mourinho :)

Moshiri + Mourinho > Moshiri + Kenwright + Martinez

This is why I think RM should be allowed to see his contract out. He is young and plenty of modern ideas and he like young players will make a few mistakes along the way and be better for them. I really hope that this investment will help RM keep the players he has brought through and we go on to improve with experience.

I'm pretty sure he'll get next season to show whether or not he looks likely to take us any farther.

Obviously a lot depends on what he's given to spend in the Summer, but you really need to be looking at top six and knocking on the door of CL by then or else you have to start thinking we're just hitting a different glass ceiling.

I loved Roberto, then I disliked him... I now like him again.

I am trying to look at the bigger picture. Which is; He is building a young squad with unbelievable potential and he is a young manager himself. He will learn lessons just as the young players will.

Anyone who feels a comparison with Guardiola being a young manager, need not reply. Martinez would win La Liga or Bundesliga if he had inherited the squads Pep did.

My tone was not insulting at all,i just could not understand you belittling us finishing 4th and going out early in the champions league.
I don't constantly post negative towards everton either i just don't want martinez here.
If you are going to accuse me of something at least get your facts right.
But like you say a new major shareholder is worth celebrating

Best we beg to differ and focus on us having some dollar to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back