Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now is not the time to really discuss it as emotions run high, but I'm actually calm as I'm not one bit surprised at that ending.

It's not like we haven't seen it before, Arsenal last year 2 up. Bournemouth away 2 up, countless occasions when we can't see out a game.

Martinez just isn't good enough tactics wise, pretty glaring fault when it comes to managing I would have thought.

Anyway I must go on night shift, hope everybody was entertained.

Same result different team, don't know what that sub was about just don't.
Not totally down to him today blame kev for that, but we can't defend a ball in the air into are box havnt been able to for ages.

has to go, had one fluke season whilst our players were still very heavily influenced by Moyes, now his true class has come out. If you play the exact same as a team that got relegated why expect anything else?

I'm still on the fence about Martinez and I have been all season. That hasn't changed today. Kev being stupid while on a yellow and Lukaku doing himself no favours on the penalty are not his fault. He did well to see Stones was struggling and bringing Besic on was a good change.

Roberto Martinez lost us that game, no doubt. No excuses, point blank the manager for the awful decision. Their fullbacks must have been pissing themselves when they seen how much space they had.

Its unreal how a manager can make such a stupid call; its mind boggling

10 men, 2 up and he goes for more goals, its so stupid its laughable
err the weasel !

Did he or did he not get the shape right initially with us looking very dominant and in control, despite many having a go at him being clueless for playing 3 at the back?
Yes.
After Kev the clown went and got himself sent off, did he change our shape and have us looking the better team again?
Yes.
At the halftime break, he brought on Besic as they brought on Carroll. We were comfortably the better team again, added to our lead and should have sown the game up with a missed penalty and one on one.
Got a substitution wrong, probably.
I don't understand this "tactically inept" criticism.

He was getting everything right up until the goal, thats when he needed to get the subs right. Shouldnt of went for the kill

Must be horrible to be such a devout fence sitter then to jump too early, shame. Just that bit impatient, are you under 30 by any chance? This lack of patience is what's wrong with Everton fans these days.
No my friend, it's just called having a level approach to situations and not being a pissy pant little over reactor.

It comes with age, embrace it when it's your time. It will take you far in life and make all the girls want to kiss you.

That second sub! Still can't believe it, did he remember we were down to 10 men! He can't shut up shop in a game. How many times has this happened now, it's pathetic. We are only 2 points above West Bron and 3 points above Bournemouth ffs! Embarrassing with this talented squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back