Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me how the martinez lovers don't put any blame at his door.
At least we entertain

I wouldn't worry about it mate.

There's a group of sound Martinez supporters who are just keeping the debate going and the site fun.

Then there is the 'if you slate Martinez you're a knee jerk plotter' who are only in it for a pat on the head from the above group.

The new owner will sack Martinez before the summer and next season will be sound.

Niasse, an untried untested striker, for Lennon(who was still looking fresh). Discuss and explain. Time to go Roberto.
I am not exonerating Mirallas for getting sent off, and from where I was sitting the defending was woeful, and I include Joel in that.
I just want to know why any sane person would have made that substitution?

Chanting his name and singing songs about him is not just supporting the team.

The fanbase has turned on him because his team has lost a lot of games not because they didn't like him from the start. He was incredibly well loved after that first year.

You will have to forgive me. Maybe I wasnt clear.

A lot of people didnt take to him when he came. A lot were nervous.
Over that first season he/the team alleviated many fears about his inability to have teams defend.
However most peoples fears began to get slowly realised and now hardly anyone wants him in charge. That one good year doesnt appear to have bought him much time; being well liked would have done, but he never really was.

Most were nervous and apprehensive of him. Many fear's now coming home to roost.

I wouldn't worry about it mate.

There's a group of sound Martinez supporters who are just keeping the debate going and the site fun.

Then there is the 'if you slate Martinez you're a knee jerk plotter' who are only in it for a pat on the head from the above group.

The new owner will sack Martinez before the summer and next season will be sound.
I agree he will be gone come summer and we can then start to build

Martinez happend

We said before the game mate about the shape of the team.

In the match thread i've come out and said I won't defend RM for this result.

However, interesting to know your opinion on how that set up work. For me we more than matched them up until Mirallas went off and were the better side. Martinez then showed how good he can be with his tactics and we were excellent up until the penalty miss (Rom must take the blame).

However, defensively after that we still looked sound until RM made the mental decision to take Lennon off. That cost us and I've said that and I think that change has added a lot more pressure on RM than just losing would have, because for all intense and purposes he brought it on himself.

First 75 minutes though, best display of the season for me.

Last 15, probably the worst you'll see. RM takes blame for the change which invited them on, and experienced players take the blame for being crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back