Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
zqvu3.jpg

How can the players take on board in a matter of seconds how the fanbase is feeling yet cant take simple instructions on how to defend over the course of the week?

He chats some crap.

Lennon was supporting Lukaku in the second half...he was not playing midfield
FROM where was he supporting him is the main point mate, isn't it?

And if he actually comes back and helps in midfield, is he not acting as a second striker/midfielder, more than Niasse, who is an out and out striker? Cuz when he came on we were literally 4-3-2.

Think the reality is, we look fantastic and win a fair amount if games until we play anyone decent.

When was the last time we beat a team that wasn't crap?

Villa/Newcastle/stoke/Newcastle/villa/Sunderland/Chelsea

Spot the pattern.

We've beat Southampton as well and City in the cup.

But, we were superb today for 75 mins. Performance of the season mate, genuinely excellent.

Penalty miss shook us but the turning point was that change from RM. You know how much i've defended him but I'm not taking that today. It was stupid and has cost us and I think he's lumped so much pressure on himself now when all he had to do was leave the team be and let us carry on doing what we're doing.

Also a total lack of steal or grit from our defence (mainly looking at Jags who does no organising at all from crosses).

Lukaku must take responsibility for that miss as well.

FROM where was he supporting him is the main point mate, isn't it?

And if he actually comes back and helps in midfield, is he not acting as a second striker/midfielder, more than Niasse, who is an out and out striker? Cuz when he came on we were literally 4-3-2.

Lennon would not have prevented those goals. Our defenders allowed balls to be won in the air.

And i just stood there and let it happen.
It never occured to me that i was the manager and should have lifted them but i have no game managenent
love roberto

Team are to blame for the collapse after their first goal.

Manager is to blame for making the change which allowed that collapse to happen.

Keep banging the same drum mate, the decision costs us

The first goal came from our right hand side, the second goal came from the left hand side and the winner came from a punt from their left back. If we were not down to 10 men then we would have had an extra player on the pitch. Players need to be able to close down crosses as Barkley should have done today and Mirallas should have done against Villa.

Mirallas getting sent off was a very bad decision on his part. Lukaku missing a penalty cost us a goal.

We said before the game mate about the shape of the team.

In the match thread i've come out and said I won't defend RM for this result.

However, interesting to know your opinion on how that set up work. For me we more than matched them up until Mirallas went off and were the better side. Martinez then showed how good he can be with his tactics and we were excellent up until the penalty miss (Rom must take the blame).

However, defensively after that we still looked sound until RM made the mental decision to take Lennon off. That cost us and I've said that and I think that change has added a lot more pressure on RM than just losing would have, because for all intense and purposes he brought it on himself.

First 75 minutes though, best display of the season for me.

Last 15, probably the worst you'll see. RM takes blame for the change which invited them on, and experienced players take the blame for being crap.

I thought the 3 at the back looked ok, the sending off altered the teams balance and he made the right decision in taking Stones off for Besic. We looked tight as a unit and should have scored another 2 at least; it was actually quite a comfortbale performance....until the 75th minute.

he tries to be too clever for his own good, and its back firing big time. His logic was right, if you had 11 men; West Ham were pushing to get back in the game and there were holes appearing to exploit. But with 10 men and Lennon working his arse off, just see the game out.

Lennon would not have prevented those goals. Our defenders allowed balls to be won in the air.
4-3-2

4-4-1

Guess which one has more midfielders in it, and allows for better covering of wide players (on theory, we all know we can't stop a cross for some reason)? Not trying to take the piss, but unsure if you're arguing for the sake of arguing or genuinely not understanding basic counting to 10.

Well he's not going anywhere before the end of the season, I'm 99.9% certain we're not getting relegated (said slightly in jest but slightly not :oops:) and we're not going to win the FA cup, i'm calling it now, Chelsea will put us out.

So lets write off yet another season, and see what the new owners plan to do come the summer. I'll be honest and say i'll be quite happy if he goes, for me he's had more than enough time to show what he's capable of and the only difference between this Everton team and Wigan is slightly better players who are capable of scraping us points, Wigan simply didn't have that.

I'm not sure how many more of these ridiculous implosions/hitting of the self destruct button performances I can stomach this season though, not only that but the absolute predictability that I think most of us knew was coming as soon as Rom missed the pen and they clawed one back.

I'll also be honest and say I would be made up if Frank De Boer came in.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, just do one Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back