Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
zqvu3.jpg

He should be absolutely bollocking our lads for failing to close crosses down yet again. If we know we're awful at defending crosses you at least have to bust a gut stopping the cross in the first place. Happened against Villa but they were too gash to capitalise. Same mistakes week in week out, awful game management, he does the exact opposite of what makes sense. 3-0 up at Villa and cruising, go for the jugular, NO, brings a defender on. Close the game out with 10 men today, NO lets bring a striker on. The mind boggles.

We were blocking the crosses and closing down when we had Lennon on mate. He needs to take a long look at himself for that change.

Think the reality is, we look fantastic and win a fair amount if games until we play anyone decent.

When was the last time we beat a team that wasn't crap?

Villa/Newcastle/stoke/Newcastle/villa/Sunderland/Chelsea

Spot the pattern.

Shouldn't be by default mate.
Martinez is by no means the perfect manager. I'll be waiting until the end of the season to make my decision on him because as you've said results haven't been good enough.
I have however seen enough that he may be able to lead our club onto future successes.

After near 100 games over the these absolutely terrible 2 seasons. It becomes on Martinez by default 100%. Game by game.
First 20 maybe ye can speculate on bad luck or players or whatever if I'm being generous.

Speculating that he may possibly change in future, I dono I'd rather judge I'm on past and present than a possible future. At this stage of things.

Sorry; look back to when we got battered v Southampton last season, or Hull away.

Many on here wanted him out last season; he was turned on last year and I think this year, there are more and more turning.
I was in the Martinez IN camp myself up until pretty much the last few weeks, frankly I've had enough of this.

Basically count me in with the ones who turned against him.

After near 100 games over the these absolutely terrible 2 seasons. It becomes on Martinez by default 100%. Game by game.
First 20 maybe ye can speculate on bad luck or players or whatever if I'm being generous.

Speculating that he may possibly change in future, I dono I'd rather judge I'm on past and present than a possible future. At this stage of things.

Every defence of Martinez involves at least one if but or maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back