Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this, there are so many happy to now back up their previous view of Martinez with the current showing but few seemed to openly admit they were wrong after we achieved a record points tally.

Is it really too much to ask to judge the manager of a 3 or 4 year period?
It was a sea of Bobby Brown Shoes comments and songs about Roberto's Blue Army then.

Mind you, it was ages ago...easily 6 months I reckon.

Agree with this, there are so many happy to now back up their previous view of Martinez with the current showing but few seemed to openly admit they were wrong after we achieved a record points tally.

Is it really too much to ask to judge the manager of a 3 or 4 year period?

A-freaking-men. The man's barely in the door and it is becoming quite clear that the ageing core of Howard, Distin, Jagielka and Barry has has finally reached its critical mass. Bobby should have seen it coming, and I was one of many who were screaming for a new centre-half, but I'm happy to ride this out until the summer and see him correct those errors.

Anyone can go and look at your posts

I have mate, more of your posts, but when I show you up time and again, you crawl under some new excuse, 'plotter', 'stalker', you challenge people on the forum and demand answers but when questions are asked of you you are nowhere to be seen.
Your hypocrisy is your undoing, your hypocrisy is your choice, cough up and put it all behind you. Come on cough!

Anyone can go and look at your posts on Martinez from the summer we were in for him and thereafter for their evidence.

You, from before day one, didn't want Martinez here. That's just a fact, and one you cant deny. That's fair enough, tbh. You're entitled. But you cant pretend it's a sudden downturn in form that's 'twisted your hand and convinced you' that Martinez has to go now. You just cant, because it's nonsense. You wanted him gone regardless.

I'd respect your position (or anyone arguing against martinez, tbh) if you/they just said: "nah, he's not for me. I prefer a different way of playing/identity for my team".

I've just said in my original post that I don't hide behind the fact I didn't want him, and i didn't because I seen enough of wigan and it scared me how open they were.

Last season I was shocked at well we performed, and has proven in other posts (another argument of ours) I showed you messages when I supported him.

At the start of the season I did not say that I did not want him (check my posts if you want), I highlighted a complete change in tactics, as in the team was truly open in midfield and we were getting over run for fun. The awful displays over Christmas, coupled with his bizzare interviews, have now set my cards straight that I think he cannot turn us around.

To refer to me as a plotter is ludicrous, it's a forum and I put my views on my team forward, the same way you did with Moyes. And to say I don't want Everton to succeed is just a nasty dig, because if RM did turn it around to the heights of last season I will be the first to swallow my pride and admit I was wrong.

I was even discussing yesterday that this from now he needs to balls of his passing, get the points on the board and write this season off. Then, as people keep banging on about (and they be right) get the players in in the summer to see if he can turn next season into what we witnessed last year

I'll put the point home again; I want my team to be successful and I don't give rats arse who is in charge.

A-freaking-men. The man's barely in the door and it is becoming quite clear that the ageing core of Howard, Distin, Jagielka and Barry has has finally reached its critical mass. Bobby should have seen it coming, and I was one of many who were screaming for a new centre-half, but I'm happy to ride this out until the summer and see him correct those errors.

He just let Eto'o go, another towards the finality of their pro career. That he signed Eto'o and Barry is another factor.

I've just said in my original post that I don't hide behind the fact I didn't want him, and i didn't because I seen enough of wigan and it scared me how open they were.

Last season I was shocked at well we performed, and has proven in other posts (another argument of ours) I showed you messages when I supported him.

At the start of the season I did not say that I did not want him (check my posts if you want), I highlighted a complete change in tactics, as in the team was truly open in midfield and we were getting over run for fun. The awful displays over Christmas, coupled with his bizzare interviews, have now set my cards straight that I think he cannot turn us around.

To refer to me as a plotter is ludicrous, it's a forum and I put my views on my team forward, the same way you did with Moyes. And to say I don't want Everton to succeed is just a nasty dig, because if RM did turn it around to the heights of last season I will be the first to swallow my pride and admit I was wrong.

I was even discussing yesterday that this from now he needs to balls of his passing, get the points on the board and write this season off. Then, as people keep banging on about (and they be right) get the players in in the summer to see if he can turn next season into what we witnessed last year

I'll put the point home again; I want my team to be successful and I don't give rats arse who is in charge.

Your playing his game, he never answers the legitimate criticisms his drabble earns, so perhaps just have a coffee and laugh the troll off.

Palace will be a tough test and we will see if the warm break was worth it. I think we will also see if the team are up for the fight or not.Will they fight for their manager or not. The pressure on Martinez at the moment is immense, will he be able to adopt a `not get beat` philosophy`and catch them on the break, to be honest I would like to at the very least win 1 nil, and defend a lead whilst putting `them` under pressure rather than ourselves. I think Pardew will see us as for the taking even though the last two games I thought we showed huge improvement. I think if we lose the next 2 `heavily` Martinez will be clearing his desk!

Anfield wasn't in the run in. And they blew away more top teams than just us there last season. Maybe Arsenal and City were found out too?

Another thing about Anfield was that we cleared out the treatment room and sent out the walking wounded.

That in itself might be a point against Bobby but it was a result which was totally unrepresentative of our season as a whole.

I have mate, more of your posts, but when I show you up time and again, you crawl under some new excuse, 'plotter', 'stalker', you challenge people on the forum and demand answers but when questions are asked of you you are nowhere to be seen.
Your hypocrisy is your undoing, your hypocrisy is your choice, cough up and put it all behind you. Come on cough!
Frightening.

Another thing about Anfield was that we cleared out the treatment room and sent out the walking wounded.

That in itself might be a point against Bobby but it was a result which was totally unrepresentative of our season as a whole.

Injuries or not Martinez was naive and we got played big time with the way we set up last season away at the Shyte. But your correct mate, that was an absolute one off last season. It bloody hurt, I felt embarrassed at the time but that was a small blip in an otherwise quality season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back