Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
we'll march on united together.

This is what I want to see most. It's grim how divided Blues are at the moment. I really just want to see a few wins to see us all back on the same page more than anything.

The problem is people have taken sides now and one group or the other is going to have to climb down and admit they were wrong. Probably not gonna be a problem with the people you talk balls about Everton in the pub with.
An internet forum with the accusations, exaggerated positions and distance is gonna be more difficult.
Lurkin round here since christmas it's clear there's a bit of a schism now amongst the regs.

That isn't happening. I think those desperately wanting this Everton manager to get the sack know they'll come up empty handed and are becoming a bit abusive.

It's a shame, but there you have it.

Never mind. This will all be seen as second season syndrome in time and we'll march on united together.
And if your name is Fawkes,you are not invited

This is what I want to see most. It's grim how divided Blues are at the moment. I really just want to see a few wins to see us all back on the same page more than anything.

The problem is people have taken sides now and one group or the other is going to have to climb down and admit they were wrong. Probably not gonna be a problem with the people you talk balls about Everton in the pub with.
An internet forum with the accusations, exaggerated positions and distance is gonna be more difficult.
Lurkin round here since christmas it's clear there's a bit of a schism now amongst the regs.
Twas ever thus, I think. Look at what happened at the end of the Moyes era. I can even remember the Smith departure causing a lot of rancour! The man was an utter disaster, but as you say positions had been taken up and weren't easily relinquished. Let's face it, the only issue that gets everyone singing from the same hymn sheet is taking the piss out of the Kopites. Thank God for them, if they didn't exist we'd have to make them up.

Of course he could be wrong. But it's usual to start a debate about someone's performance when they're at the end of that performance rather than half way through.

I can imagine the one's kneejerking about Martinez looking up at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel half way through it and shouting: "Eh Michelangelo lad, dis is sh1te dis. Look, over there, you've defo missed a bit der lad."

The question was whether you have ever considered just for one second that you could be wrong about Roberto ? If we had the same approach to Mike Walker when it blatantly obvious that it wasnt working we would have been in the second division( or championship) and god knows where we would be now.My point is there has to be a point where a decision is made for the good of the club.I would not sack him yet but if we were to lose the next three games surely some doubt must cross your mind about whether he is the right man for the job.
As for Michelangelo if he was painting my ceiling , and he was making a complete balls of it I would have to tell him to do one, painters are ten a penny but Ive only got one ceiling.

The fanbase is nowhere near as divided as this.

Most people seem to be taking a compromised view which is that Martinez should not be sacked at present; however the situation has been deteriorating rapidly of late and many fans are worried - some more worried than others.

The problem is that when they then voice those concerns they are then shouted down as being "bedwetters who are pissing in their jam jams at being 12th in the league". That's only one example of the provocative language used.

Then they are accused of conspiring in an underhand plot to unseat the manager.

It's bizarre, laughable and the stuff of mystery thriller novels.

All the while they do not accuse anyone who is 100% behind the manager as having an unreasonable position.

The accusations about the manager are all coming from one side I'm afraid.

Last edited:
You stop poisoning the board and ruining the supporter atmosphere here with your vile lies and disgusting accusations and I'll happily stop pointing and laughing.

Deal?

Come on L4, you're better than this Daily Mail nonsense.

Guilty of lies, bullying (making out people who have a different opinion to yours are trying to stir trouble), double standards and taking advantage of people who can't think for themselves and realise Martinez's premiership record is appalling and his 5th place finish was against the norm whereby our current points tally is the norm for Martinez.

Who exactly are you referring to?

Come on L4, you're better than this Daily Mail nonsense.

Well having been bested more times than former miss worlds, he's changed the subject yet again, banging on about being stalked and making unfounded accusations about forum accounts or some such nonsense. Lets also remember how he pursued at least one forum member who didn't and doesn't agree with him with unfounded accusations of racism. His wingman has backed off so maybe it's time he did the right thing, for his own good and coughed up...

The fanbase is nowhere near as divided as this.

The problem is that when they then voice those concerns they are then shouted down as being "bedwetters who are pissing in their jam jams at being 12th in the league. That's only one example of the provocative language used.

The accusations all all coming from one side I'm afraid.

Nothing is ever from one side.
That quote seemed worse to me when I re-read it in your post than it did when I read it after 15 pages of back-and-forth for context.
I reckon it wouldn't hurt to take a step back from the escalation and polarisation seen round here for a while.
I know it's hard like cos everyone cares so much.

Not quite. I saw Martinez described as a fraud and Davek described as a closet Kopite today. Dave is occupying a pretty extreme stance on this, but there's plenty of others planted firmly on the opposite side of the spectrum and I say have at it. It's good readin'.

Well yeah when it gets personal both sides lash out.

What I was referring to was the position of the manager. It is commendable to be loyal and there is no problem with that position. By the same token anyone who is only 50% or say 75% loyal should not be shouted down and accused of all sorts for saying so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back