Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question was whether you have ever considered just for one second that you could be wrong about Roberto ? If we had the same approach to Mike Walker when it blatantly obvious that it wasnt working we would have been in the second division( or championship) and god knows where we would be now.My point is there has to be a point where a decision is made for the good of the club.I would not sack him yet but if we were to lose the next three games surely some doubt must cross your mind about whether he is the right man for the job.
As for Michelangelo if he was painting my ceiling , and he was making a complete balls of it I would have to tell him to do one, painters are ten a penny but Ive only got one ceiling.
Mike Walker didn't have a first successful season behind him demonstrating that he knew what he was doing and up to the job of being an Everton manger.

I've answered this question, or similar, before: Martinez would have to go if we were struggling in amongst 4 other clubs and cut adrift from the rest of the division around end of March. I keep saying that we have a lot of rubbish teams below us and that what other clubs do is as much relevant to any decision on Martinez as what we do. That's because Martinez has built up such a high stock in his first season.

Appalling premiership record. Yeah, I was thinking that last May when he banged 72 points on the board.

Erm by your reasoning it wasn't Martinez who got us them points it was Moyes, isn't that right, you're the one who has Martinez down as being solely responsible for Swansea's recent success's not the manager's who were actually in charge of them when they were doing well, you are without a doubt the most full crap person on these boards

And the other seasons, we've already established his one off 72 point season was far from the norm
His other seasons were spent at Wigan, who are lucky to be in the Pl in the first place. Anyway, RM got them their first trophy of note ever, so they have nothing to complain about.

Erm by your reasoning it wasn't Martinez who got us them points it was Moyes, isn't that right, you're the one who has Martinez down as being solely responsible for Swansea's recent success's not the manager's who were actually in charge of them when they were doing well, you are without a doubt the most full crap person on these boards
To sustain that argument you'd have to suggest Martinez wasn't the architect of Swansea's style of football (he was), and then suggest that Moyes created a style of football at Everton capable of slugging it out with the top four which got us the extra record number of points last season (and he didn't).

So you fear losing him over his points tally last season, but terrible decision making, no plan B, our current league form, players begging him to change his style as it doesn't work, him offering long term contracts to certain OAP's, him playing players out of position and his admission that he will not change leaves you with no concerns?

Mike Walker didn't have a first successful season behind him demonstrating that he knew what he was doing and up to the job of being an Everton manger.

I've answered this question, or similar, before: Martinez would have to go if we were struggling in amongst 4 other clubs and cut adrift from the rest of the division around end of March. I keep saying that we have a lot of rubbish teams below us and that what other clubs do is as much relevant to any decision on Martinez as what we do. That's because Martinez has built up such a high stock in his first season.
We havent just started badly this season though the rot started at the back end of last season ,He did well last year but call me a sentimental fool but success is judged by trophies not league position you dont win medals for coming 5th.

Ha Ha Ha.

That is pretty rich from you, tbf.

And this proves my point about how pathetic some people are, and he jumps in straight away.

Unfortunately dave I do.

Prove to me that I don't?? Oh wait you can't, because you're a wum. I question his decisions all season because we are playing crap, I don't hide behind it

Should I go crying like you've done today and state that you're stalking me. You're a wum mate, plain and simple.

We havent just started badly this season though the rot started at the back end of last season ,He did well last year but call me a sentimental fool but success is judged by trophies not league position you dont win medals for coming 5th.
Well, I've heard this stuff about 'being found out' toward the end of last season and it rests pretty pitifully on a game against Palace at home where we sacrificed the usual way of playing and personnel in the middle to go all out for a big goal win. In other words, it was unrepresentative of the run in.

Well having been bested more times than former miss worlds, he's changed the subject yet again, banging on about being stalked and making unfounded accusations about forum accounts or some such nonsense. Lets also remember how he pursued at least one forum member who didn't and doesn't agree with him with unfounded accusations of racism. His wingman has backed off so maybe it's time he did the right thing, for his own good and coughed up...

I don't think anyone would deny that he posts some nutty stuff, but some of his root arguments have weight. I have no doubt myself that there are people on here who would prefer Martinez to fail and be proven right, rather than see us get out of this. I think Davek has a word for them. Anyway, I was merely pointing out that accusing him of "poisoning the board" with "vile lies" is a bit far fetched. He's planted a flag in the ground and there's plenty of people on the other side of the spectrum spouting some equally extreme views.

Well, I've heard this stuff about 'being found out' toward the end of last season and it rests pretty pitifully on a game against Palace at home where we sacrificed the usual way of playing and personnel in the middle to go all out for a big goal win. In other words, it was unrepresentative of the run in.
Anfield was nearly a massacre

And this proves my point about how pathetic some people are, and he jumps in straight away.

Unfortunately dave I do.

Prove to me that I don't?? Oh wait you can't, because you're a wum. I question his decisions all season because we are playing crap, I don't hide behind it

Should I go crying like you've done today and state that you're stalking me. You're a wum mate, plain and simple.
Anyone can go and look at your posts on Martinez from the summer we were in for him and thereafter for their evidence.

You, from before day one, didn't want Martinez here. That's just a fact, and one you cant deny. That's fair enough, tbh. You're entitled. But you cant pretend it's a sudden downturn in form that's 'twisted your hand and convinced you' that Martinez has to go now. You just cant, because it's nonsense. You wanted him gone regardless.

I'd respect your position (or anyone arguing against martinez, tbh) if you/they just said: "nah, he's not for me. I prefer a different way of playing/identity for my team".

Anyone can go and look at your posts on Martinez from the summer we were in for him and thereafter for their evidence.

You, from before day one, didn't want Martinez here. That's just a fact, and one you cant deny. That's fair enough, tbh. You're entitled. But you cant pretend it's a sudden downturn in form that's 'twisted your hand and convinced you' that Martinez has to go now. You just cant, because it's nonsense. You wanted him gone regardless.

I'd respect your position (or anyone arguing against martinez, tbh) if you/they just said: "nah, he's not for me. I prefer a different way of playing/identity for my team".
Agree with this, there are so many happy to now back up their previous view of Martinez with the current showing but few seemed to openly admit they were wrong after we achieved a record points tally.

Is it really too much to ask to judge the manager of a 3 or 4 year period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back