Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was tremendous a year ago when we were going well. It's even better now that things have gone tits up and Davek is doing a number on all and sundry. Therefore, Martinez is a genius #MartinezIn #PlottersOut

If we lose on Saturday due to a half assed approach, and lose Mirrallas, and replace him with Lennon, then Martinez has to go! Our injuries seemed to pile up and coincided with members of the medical staff leaving, in particular the American guy who Moyes got in who worked in the nfl. We need a scrapper of a manager now to reverse this, and get the backroom staff who left back. If we lose I really cant take another post match interview from `bulls++t bobby` anymore!

If we lose on Saturday due to a half assed approach, and lose Mirrallas, and replace him with Lennon, then Martinez has to go! Our injuries seemed to pile up and coincided with members of the medical staff leaving, in particular the American guy who Moyes got in who worked in the nfl. We need a scrapper of a manager now to reverse this, and get the backroom staff who left back. If we lose I really cant take another post match interview from `bulls++t bobby` anymore!
It's not happening mate. If we do business this window it merely underlines that everyone at the club are on board with Martinez.

If we were getting shut of the manager (unbelievably ridiculous as it would have been given that we're 12th with 16 games to go) it'd have happened before this window was out of the way.

Martinez is here for the duration. He'll be here next season because we're in no danger of dropping down and he'll see his deal out with us. That's regardless of what happens with the Palace/Liverpool/Chelsea games.

It's time some people packed their fanciful notions away and got behind the manager and team.

Massive fan of Martinez but he got to put the club before his own philosophy.

Yip.

This is where I think Bobby is now finding it difficult to adjust.

At Swansea and at Wigan he was at small clubs which were happy to ride along in the wake of a charismatic manager and whose supporters were grateful to have such a man at the helm.

They were delighted to buy into a "philosophy" which brought relative success to their clubs and got them noticed and as such were prepared to let him use their clubs to hone that philosophy.

Everton is an altogether different kettle of fish.

We are not interested in a "philosophy" and our fans will not stand idly by and watch any manager use our club as a virtual guinea pig. Especially when said "philosophy" is long past it's sell by date.

Bobby needs to realise this.

Everton Football Club has its own identity and that had stood us in great stead since 1878.

He needs to buy into our "philosophy" and add his own stamp to it.......make his own mark as it were, within the ethos of our great club.

I think and hope he is more than capable of doing this.

We will ride this out, starting tomorrow just so long as we see the tactics we used against Hammers and City persisted with and not a return to crab ball.

;)

This thread was tremendous a year ago when we were going well. It's even better now that things have gone tits up and Davek is doing a number on all and sundry. Therefore, Martinez is a genius #MartinezIn #PlottersOut

I love it.

I also love the fact we can sit and argue about thus any time we have a spare moment.

In the old days before the Internet, we just sat at home and seethed.

Dave is a guru.......providing a sounding board and allowing people to vent their spleen.

It is therapeutic fir irate and depressed Blues.....:)

It's not happening mate. If we do business this window it merely underlines that everyone at the club are on board with Martinez.

If we were getting shut of the manager (unbelievably ridiculous as it would have been given that we're 12th with 16 games to go) it'd have happened before this window was out of the way.

Martinez is here for the duration. He'll be here next season because we're in no danger of dropping down and he'll see his deal out with us. That's regardless of what happens with the Palace/Liverpool/Chelsea games.

It's time some people packed their fanciful notions away and got behind the manager and team.

Thanks Dave must admit I am struggling to remain optimistic at the moment! I hope we batter them kopites!!

Mike Walker didn't have a first successful season behind him demonstrating that he knew what he was doing and up to the job of being an Everton manger.

I've answered this question, or similar, before: Martinez would have to go if we were struggling in amongst 4 other clubs and cut adrift from the rest of the division around end of March. I keep saying that we have a lot of rubbish teams below us and that what other clubs do is as much relevant to any decision on Martinez as what we do. That's because Martinez has built up such a high stock in his first season.

It will be really interesting to see how you spin it if we do happen to be 4th or 3rd from bottom around March time. Not that I want that to happen, like, obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back