Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to win tomorrow and win against Liverpool mate
I think a win against Palace and two draws against Liverpool and Chelsea will suffice. If they're games like the City one where we matched them (for the most part) and deserved a point then I'll be just fine with that. This squad is capable of that provided Martinez sticks to the script and plays players properly.

I think a win against Palace and two draws against Liverpool and Chelsea will suffice. If they're games like the City one where we matched them (for the most part) and deserved a point then I'll be just fine with that. This squad is capable of that provided Martinez sticks to the script and plays players properly.

..or provided the players just play well.

Good post mate. I would take a draw tomorrow and a win against the rs I would be greedy and say 6 points but 4 is respectable

Good post mate. I would take a draw tomorrow and a win against the rs I would be greedy and say 6 points but 4 is respectable
Right now the run of results is obviously unacceptable but I just can't see the board sacking him anytime soon, too much good karma from last season (and rightly so).

I still think he's the way forward for the club, the losing run has tempered that, but I don't trust any of the managers currently unemployed to do a better job in the long term. Short term, let's face it, we may come close but we really aren't getting relegated. Given how we've played at full strength in the Europa we can make the last 16 and anything can happen from there.

from tomorrow and for the rest the games I want to see Everton actually play football have a go and stop the defensive errors. Draws away from home at the least and win all our home games
From now is a must to turn this form around

Like when he did at United?

Tbf to moyes LVG isn't doing any better after spending 150M. It's only the the fact Us, liverpool, arsenal and Spurs started the season below par that UTD are up there.

I still think both on form, were the equal to utd's current team.

Anyway it's just an opinion mate. Forgetting how he left, I prefer moyes to Martinez. I think he's a better manager overall and makes better signings. Although he does also have faults of course.

RM had a great season last season but that was moyes team, with half moyes mentality still evident and all Roberto's good bits spun into the web. I think had moyes still been our manager with that same squad we still would of finished 5th.

I hope roberto can turn it around. But it's a real shocking performance to have a team of this quality where it is.

I Have been behind martinez 100% most of this season but am really starting to doubt his ability to make the right decisions on the pitch. certain players play good and get dropped next game but his favourites constantly play badly and are still played week in week out.

You just know besic is going to get dropped for macarthy aswell when he comes back and that unless lump Barry will stay on the pitch costing us goals.

just don't think he has the bottle to drop big names and if we don't sign anyone this window am going to be sliding to the martinez out camp. I don't want to but when a manager keeps on repeating the same mistakes over and over it just grinds you down.

RM had a great season last season but that was moyes team, with half moyes mentality still evident and all Roberto's good bits spun into the web. I think had moyes still been our manager with that same squad we still would of finished 5th.

I hope roberto can turn it around. But it's a real shocking performance to have a team of this quality where it is.

He'd have had to finish on 70 points or over to have got 5th last season, and his record doesn't suggest he'd have got near it.

Moyes
Martinez

I Have been behind martinez 100% most of this season but am really starting to doubt his ability to make the right decisions on the pitch. certain players play good and get dropped next game but his favourites constantly play badly and are still played week in week out.

You just know besic is going to get dropped for macarthy aswell when he comes back and that unless lump Barry will stay on the pitch costing us goals.

just don't think he has the bottle to drop big names and if we don't sign anyone this window am going to be sliding to the martinez out camp. I don't want to but when a manager keeps on repeating the same mistakes over and over it just grinds you down.

It will be interesting to see the team sheet for the game and who is on the bench. I will make only one prediction Robles in goal.

He'd have had to finish on 70 points or over to have got 5th last season, and his record doesn't suggest he'd have got near it.

Moyes
Martinez

Our EX is making his first visit to the Bernabeu this week. Give it a break Dave he has left the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back