Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I started feeling a bit indifferent towards Martinez after they got themselves into the driving seat for a Champions League place by beating Arsenal and then promptly blew it.

Win when it doesn't matter, and drop their arses when it does. Same old.

To be honest, I started feeling a bit indifferent towards Martinez after they got themselves into the driving seat for a Champions League place by beating Arsenal and then promptly blew it.

Win when it doesn't matter, and drop their arses when it does. Same old.

I can understand your sentiments up to a point.

But to "Win when it doesn't matter" is a strange concept to grasp.

It always matters that Everton win a game.

I think it could be after the derby if we lose.
We need to win tomoz because 1 win in 13 games is scary

I hope not after the derby.

It would be awful for those buggers to be able to say they got Bobby the sack.

I have been rubbing in the fact that Dalglish chucked it the day after we refused to be beaten no matter how many times they took the lead in the 4-4 for quarter of a century now ;)

It will be really interesting to see how you spin it if we do happen to be 4th or 3rd from bottom around March time. Not that I want that to happen, like, obviously
I wont be spinning anything. Bottom four and cut adrift by the end of March and he'd have to leave. I wont be rowing back from that position.

Atm, we are 12th and still in January...so you can see how ridiculous I and others find the whole headless chicken pantomime going on here right now.

put me in the maybe boat at the minute. I love Martinez demeanour and his positivity and the values he preaches.
what worries me is his lack of backbone and steadfast refusal to mix things up when we have being found out. possession is
pointless if its just sideways tapping around and loads of space for opposions to attack in behind us. With barkley mirallas and lukaku we have 3 great players on the break and besic and macca have huge engines to press all game. just go back to basics heavy pressing and direct footy we would see more results imo

I wont be spinning anything. Bottom four and cut adrift by the end of March and he'd have to leave. I wont be rowing back from that position.

Atm, we are 12th and still in January...so you can see how ridiculous I and others find the whole headless chicken pantomime going on here right now.
TBF, many headless chicken pantomimes are shamelessly played for ridicule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back