Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Have been behind martinez 100% most of this season but am really starting to doubt his ability to make the right decisions on the pitch. certain players play good and get dropped next game but his favourites constantly play badly and are still played week in week out.

You just know besic is going to get dropped for macarthy aswell when he comes back and that unless lump Barry will stay on the pitch costing us goals.

just don't think he has the bottle to drop big names and if we don't sign anyone this window am going to be sliding to the martinez out camp. I don't want to but when a manager keeps on repeating the same mistakes over and over it just grinds you down.
I put it down to two things: 1/ He had a very poor summer transfer window and called pretty much all the wrong major decisions that you could make; 2/ We have been plagued by injury.

Taken together it's sent him down some weird routes trying to make do and mend.

There's no doubt about it, though, he has had a poor season as manager so far. Given what went on last season he's at least earned the right to try and get it right next season.

It will be interesting to see the team sheet for the game and who is on the bench. I will make only one prediction Robles in goal.

Barry will start unfortunately and barkley and Naismith will be forced into the same side again. As We keep on making the same mistakes over and over again.

I never thought we'd get relegated under Moyes, Martinez however is steering us directly into an iceberg.
Moyes had us on 26 points on 26 games and I never thought we'd get relegated. Martinez right now has us on 23 points from 22 games and I feel the same way. That's due to 'what lies beneath'. There was and is a lot of rubbish down at the bottom of the table. It'd take a meltdown of epic proportions for us to fall right down from where we are and not get together the points we require.

You can say moyes had us in bad positions as much as you like but he never had a quality of squad we have right now and let's be real its unlikely we with this team would be doing as bad under him right now

I hope Martinez turns it around I really do because I like him and he was so positive last season but his refusal to change is fastly making him seem a laughing jjoke along with his stupid pressers and sayings

I put it down to two things: 1/ He had a very poor summer transfer window and called pretty much all the wrong major decisions that you could make; 2/ We have been plagued by injury.

Taken together it's sent him down some weird routes trying to make do and mend.

There's no doubt about it, though, he has had a poor season as manager so far. Given what went on last season he's at least earned the right to try and get it right next season.
And that my friend is all you should need to say perfectly rational opinion. Why you can't respond like that more often rather than make up lies, categorise people into negative groups accusing them of having an agenda and talking like you are the oracle on all football matters and everyone else is a bed wetter. I don't know why you behave the way you do and I have asked numerous times what you're afraid of, I'll ask again "Davek why are you so afraid of us losing Martinez?"

And that my friend is all you should need to say perfectly rational opinion. Why you can't respond like that more often rather than make up lies, categorise people into negative groups accusing them of having an agenda and talking like you are the oracle on all football matters and everyone else is a bed wetter. I don't know why you behave the way you do and I have asked numerous times what you're afraid of, I'll ask again "Davek why are you so afraid of us losing Martinez?"

He isn't afraid of losing Martinez.

He just doesn't see the point in binning him off when over the course of 1 and half seasons he's got far more right than wrong.

And I agree with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back