Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't know that. Nobody does. I would like to have seen it put to the test.
I do, main reason he never won us a trophy, he lacks a few things that would allow him to go past a certain level. To many flaws to him.

You could give him 100 mil and he'd still be in and around the same positions

Excellent idea actually. It would allow us to see how people actually felt about it all.

It's the "expressing concerns" and then not committing to an "In" or "Out answer that needs to be dealt with.

It just won't do. How are people meant to get their "I Told You So's" to all the right people in a few months' time without it?

He was a big time bottler mate.

And even when looking at the positives, Moyes heart clearly wasn't in it for the last 18-months of his tenure here, which ultimately suggests that we'd probably be retaining champions of the 7th Place trophy.
Christmas 2012 was when his heart deserted Everton, as he awaited baconface's call. We were in 4th spot heading into that Christmas, with Moyes being lauded for the style of our play. If he could do it with that squad, I wanna see him back, with this increased budget.

It he can be persuaded to come back from Spain this summer, I would book a return ticket for him, with the instruction to give the unused bit to Martinez.

It's the "expressing concerns" and then not committing to an "In" or "Out answer that needs to be dealt with.

It just won't do. How are people meant to get their "I Told You So's" to all the right people in a few months' time without it?
I'm currently preparing to deliver many I told you so's by noting all of the most serious naysayers in my little black book. An Internet version of this system for those not as prepared as myself is an essential tool in "the cleansing" in a few months.

Van Gall's manure stinks just as badly as Moyes' version, with an extra £150m-odd spent on it so, yes, even that is a vote of confidence in Moyes. How can you forget his decade or so at Everton, making a regular top seven side out of Kenwright's shoestring budget? He did not get the chance that Martinez appears to be wasting- that is the infuriating thing.

Where's the shoelace money Bill?

abuse? If he's been abusive then report him and I can only apologise for not seeing that.

What's he said that's been abusive?
What I mean by abuse is when you make out people with a different opinion are plotting to oust the Manager, re bedwetters, are going to be disappointed at the Manager staying on if he turns things around, if you've missed these kind of accusations then you can waste a couple of hours going through his posts otherwise leave it?

He was a big time bottler mate.

And even when looking at the positives, Moyes heart clearly wasn't in it for the last 18-months of his tenure here, which ultimately suggests that we'd probably be retaining champions of the 7th Place trophy.

You say bottler, but it's the smallest of margins of luck that it probably all boils down to.

Biggest games of Moyes Everton career were:

v Liverpool Semi Final- Huge individual error. The type many have been excusing Martinez for throughout this season.

v Chelsea League Cup Semi- Knocked out by frankly a better team.

v Chelsea FA Cup Final- see above.

v Fiorentina Uefa Cup- penalty shootout lottery.

We can and I have launched abuse at him for his general record in derby matches, but we've got to remember that for almost all of the time he was here we had an inferior starting XI to them, with that being the case you're going to struggle to pick up wins.

His record away at Arsenal, United, Chelsea and Liverpool made for poor reading but if McFadden's goal against Chelsea had stood and we'd held on against Arsenal in stoppage time after Pienaar's goal then no one says much about it. Let's face it, even with Martinez' we can beat anyone attitude our performance in these games hasn't improved, it's just a fact of better teams beating us.

Last edited:
Christmas 2012 was when his heart deserted Everton, as he awaited baconface's call. We were in 4th spot heading into that Christmas, with Moyes being lauded for the style of our play. If he could do it with that squad, I wanna see him back, with this increased budget.

It he can be persuaded to come back from Spain this summer, I would book a return ticket for him, with the instruction to give the unused bit to Martinez.

Moyes has done his time here and it would create a huge amount of apathy among the support if he returned.

Martinez is the man. Learn from this season's mistakes, of which there have been many and become a better manager next time around. We'll hopefully see the benefits of showing a bit of loyalty.

“If I had been Everton manager and Sir Alex Ferguson had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini I’d have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt that the right thing was to do what was right for the players. I signed every player at Everton so I know exactly how Everton work,”

Have that ginger **** back?

Oh aye yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back