Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The hardest moment as a manager is when you look around the dressing room and think ’How and where is the next win coming from?’ I’ve never had that feeling here, never,” he said.

Those people he is looking at are actually looking to him and asking 'where is our next win coming from'. 6 yard passes in the centre circle? You betcha, unless the oppo have legs then its panic at the CB disco.

How is he admitting we are in a relegation mire? We are 12th with however many points. Was this interview done by phone with that guy off that mimic channel 4 show?

Those people he is looking at are actually looking to him and asking 'where is our next win coming from'. 6 yard passes in the centre circle? You betcha, unless the oppo have legs then its panic at the CB disco.

How is he admitting we are in a relegation mire? We are 12th with however many points. Was this interview done by phone with that guy off that mimic channel 4 show?
For me it just contradicts what he said the other week about not losing the dressing room. For me reading that pretty much confirms that he has lost it. If he does not have us with at least 5 points in the next 3 games (maybe 4 being kind) he needs to be handed his p45 and a one way ticket back to Wigan.

He has experience in relegation battles over many years...doesn't take a genius to work this one out...

What a steaming pile of misrepresentation of what he actually said.

Guardian hack "Martinez admits Everton are in a relegation struggle"
Martinez actual words: "Every team is involved in a relegation struggle until they reach 40 points"

Guardian hack: "Martinez says players futures are at stake"
Martinez actual words: "this is a period when you are judging players. When things are going well you don’t want to disrupt anything, you don’t want to lose anything, and when things are going against you, you need to find solutions." In other words, you need to make the right choices in team selection.

****ing oxygen thief trying to stir up sh1t for us going into a vital game.

No. Nothing personal, but this is the problem with Everton supporters and Kenwright.
Bk has always been given the " at least he isn't Johnson" scapegoat for nearly 16 years now.
Provided stability initially? Will give him that. A true Blue? Will give him that. Great face for funny gifs? Will give him that.

But has to go. Done nothing for us really. May even be setting us back decades the longer he stays.
What Moyes was able to do at Everton was a minor miracle as he was working despite the Board.
I think you've misunderstood what I was saying.

I couldn't be more anti-Kenwright.

What a steaming pile of misrepresentation of what he actually said.

Guardian hack "Martinez admits Everton are in a relegation struggle"
Martinez actual words: "Every team is involved in a relegation struggle until they reach 40 points"

Guardian hack: "Martinez says players futures are at stake"
Martinez actual words: "this is a period when you are judging players. When things are going well you don’t want to disrupt anything, you don’t want to lose anything, and when things are going against you, you need to find solutions." In other words, you need to make the right choices in team selection.

****ing oxygen thief trying to stir up sh1t for us going into a vital game.

A further 4 wins and a draw is all that is required to ensure safety this season. Not that we should limit our ambitions to such a level, just putting the relegation fears into context.

Here is my prediction.
Certain posters will come on here and gloat about what the manager has just said, and use it as a spin tool to promote their agendas to get him out of this club.
These are the same posters that have said that they don't trust a word the manager says at all.

He has experience in relegation battles over many years...doesn't take a genius to work this one out...

We were'nt in one a matter of hours ago, whats changed? Did we play a game or multiple games since a matter of hours ago? It's a conspiracy, what's going on, who's calling the shots (not RM we dont do shooting) how is this being allowed to happen. My goodness someone please think of the children.

We were'nt in one a matter of hours ago, whats changed? Did we play a game or multiple games since a matter of hours ago? It's a conspiracy, what's going on, who's calling the shots (not RM we dont do shooting) how is this being allowed to happen. My goodness someone please think of the children.
lol...

Oh my. So our manager admits we're in a fight against relegation until we reach 40 points but no-one is allowed to say it on here without getting laughed out of town.

I'm at least encouraged from that piece that he accepts the gravity of the situation.

Now it's time for him to do something about it.

I think it called being realistic; we knew something wasn't right and now at least the manager as admitted it, all be it in a round about way.

Quite a demise that 40 points is now the priority of a team and fanbase that had hopes of CL qualification.

He's just proven the point of many on here; points, not league position, is the priority when further down the table.

Pull your finger our and sort this mess out

lol PMSL

A further 4 wins and a draw is all that is required to ensure safety this season. Not that we should limit our ambitions to such a level, just putting the relegation fears into context.
Another way of putting it: all we need do is win exactly the same number of points we have in our previous 16 games (that includes this horrendous run) in the remaining 16 games.

I for one believe we'll do it with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back