Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
“If I had been Everton manager and Sir Alex Ferguson had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini I’d have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt that the right thing was to do what was right for the players. I signed every player at Everton so I know exactly how Everton work,”

Have that ginger **** back?

Oh aye yeah.

Exactly. Moyes done a cracking job whilst manager but that quote there shows everyone exactly where he saw Everton in the grand scheme of things - a small time club and a nice little stepping stone in his career. The fella was in the top 10 highest paid managers in Europe ffs. He will look back one day and say "what a lucky lucky fella I was to be given that long at an amazing club like Everton, but what a total [Poor language removed] failure i was because I didn't deliver them a trophy in 11 years.

Our club should be gaged on trophies won ffs. 20 years of nothing, 11 years were under his stewardship. If Martinez rides this patch he will have us a trophy in the bag in the next 36 months.

Exactly. Moyes done a cracking job whilst manager but that quote there shows everyone exactly where he saw Everton in the grand scheme of things - a small time club and a nice little stepping stone in his career. The fella was in the top 10 highest paid managers in Europe ffs. He will look back one day and say "what a lucky lucky fella I was to be given that long at an amazing club like Everton, but what a total [Poor language removed] failure i was because I didn't deliver them a trophy in 11 years.

Our club should be gaged on trophies won ffs. 20 years of nothing, 11 years were under his stewardship. If Martinez rides this patch he will have us a trophy in the bag in the next 36 months.

I really have no idea how anyone could stomach the thought of that feller back here. He's on the same rung of the ladder as Nick Barmby for me. There's no way back ever. He treated Everton like something he'd stepped in because he'd landed one of the top jobs in European football. It can never be forgotten or forgiven.

I really have no idea how anyone could stomach the thought of that feller back here. He's on the same rung of the ladder as Nick Barmby for me. There's no way back ever. He treated Everton like something he'd stepped in because he'd landed one of the top jobs in European football. It can never be forgotten or forgiven.

I would say the vast majority of Evertonians would agree anyway. First opportunity to give him a bit of stick he got it at the away game against the mancs. I felt the lads and lasses were singing on all of our behalf that night.

Only way it will happen is if Martinez is moved on and Kenwright goes all out to get him. I certainly wouldn't rule out Kenwright trying to rekindle his love affair with him. Hopefully he learned that Moyes took the absolute piss out of him anyway.

:pint2:

I would say the vast majority of Evertonians would agree anyway. First opportunity to give him a bit of stick he got it at the away game against the mancs. I felt the lads and lasses were singing on all of our behalf that night.

Only way it will happen is if Martinez is moved on and Kenwright goes all out to get him. I certainly wouldn't rule out Kenwright trying to rekindle his love affair with him. Hopefully he learned that Moyes took the absolute piss out of him anyway.
Imagine though if that happened. We know the spells of absolute muck in terms of performance and results Moyes could serve up in his time here. When (not if) he repeated that again can you imagine the discontent with a manager who'd also as good as called Everton small time? Or if he ever had to sell an Everton player again the amount of ridicule he'd get sticking out for top dollar after the derisory offers he made Everton?

On so many levels it's never ever going to be a goer. He's gone, and good riddance.

No-one. They probably just keep it and pass it amongst themselves. You'd need to ask them though if you want to find out more as I wasn't there.

It's alright pal it's been sorted. Cones got beat again yesterday 1-0, so that's us undefeated against them all season in practice.

In his post practice match conference Martinez said we passed the ball well even though they gave us a stern test at times. ITKs are saying he's considering putting a bid in for the left back Traffic who had McGeady in his pocket for 90 minutes again.

Or if he ever had to sell an Everton player again the amount of ridicule he'd get sticking out for top dollar after the derisory offers he made Everton?

I doubt Moyes would come back, but as to what you reference, Walter Smith was never all that but he stuck to his guns and held Peter Johnson to account. Imagine still having that slug operating from on high today. Point being, sometimes the most underwhelming can surprise and deliver, even in the most difficult of circumstance. We'd never go for a manager like Moyes in the standing we are in (financial and playing) and a lot of that is down to him.

I think is a similar situation to when disliking Moyes and Kenwright meant you were pining for the days of Smith and Johnson.
No. Nothing personal, but this is the problem with Everton supporters and Kenwright.
Bk has always been given the " at least he isn't Johnson" scapegoat for nearly 16 years now.
Provided stability initially? Will give him that. A true Blue? Will give him that. Great face for funny gifs? Will give him that.

But has to go. Done nothing for us really. May even be setting us back decades the longer he stays.
What Moyes was able to do at Everton was a minor miracle as he was working despite the Board.

“The hardest moment as a manager is when you look around the dressing room and think ’How and where is the next win coming from?’ I’ve never had that feeling here, never,” he said.

Keep away from this place Roberto! :celebrate::celebrate:
Okay he needs to go now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back