Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can say moyes had us in bad positions as much as you like but he never had a quality of squad we have right now and let's be real its unlikely we with this team would be doing as bad under him right now...
I'd have a Moyes-coached back four behind Arteta, Cahill and Yakubu instead of the shower of sh*te I've been watching this season.

I agree with the general thrust of your argument, though. Moyes would probably have got this lot into the top six this season. The really annoying thing is that, with the extra £30-odd million extra TV money, he would have stood a good chance of turning EFC into CL regulars.

He'll have us playing like last year tomorrow and we'll smash the grin off pardews face. We'll come back to Liverpool then he's straight on the blower and sign a new defender, creative midfielder and pacey 2 footed winger. Kev publicly laughs at spurs interest and Martinez apologies for the crap he's put us through in the last 22 games without using the word phenomenal.

And all will be good in the world again

I'd have a Moyes-coached back four behind Arteta, Cahill and Yakubu instead of the shower of sh*te I've been watching this season.

I agree with the general thrust of your argument, though. Moyes would probably have got this lot into the top six this season. The really annoying thing is that, with the extra £30-odd million extra TV money, he would have stood a good chance of turning EFC into CL regulars.
He wouldnt though

You can say moyes had us in bad positions as much as you like but he never had a quality of squad we have right now and let's be real its unlikely we with this team would be doing as bad under him right now

I hope Martinez turns it around I really do because I like him and he was so positive last season but his refusal to change is fastly making him seem a laughing jjoke along with his stupid pressers and sayings
I've long given up watching/reading Martinez' pressers either before or after games because once you've seen one presser from him, you've seen all of them!

Says the same old dross time after time after time..

He spunked £30-odd million on one player at United (Mata) and got fired. Hardly a vote of confidence when it comes to giving the man money, is it?

He spunked £30-odd million on one player at United (Mata) and got fired. Hardly a vote of confidence when it comes to giving the man money, is it?

To my understanding, managers generally don't dictate how much players are bought for/how large bids are. Just assign targets.

Van Gall's manure stinks just as badly as Moyes' version, with an extra £150m-odd spent on it so, yes, even that is a vote of confidence in Moyes. How can you forget his decade or so at Everton, making a regular top seven side out of Kenwright's shoestring budget? He did not get the chance that Martinez appears to be wasting- that is the infuriating thing.

He was a big time bottler mate.

And even when looking at the positives, Moyes heart clearly wasn't in it for the last 18-months of his tenure here, which ultimately suggests that we'd probably be retaining champions of the 7th Place trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back