Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's a nonsense. If all clubs are, as Martinez states, looking for 40 points to avoid a relegation battle, then all clubs barring the top four right now are still involved in it. Therefore his point was twisted by some ex Echo talentless hack to mean something be entirely different: that Martinez had narrowed a relegation scrap down to Everton and a few others.

An utter disgrace. The same sh1thouse reporter would never have tried that on with Moyes, so he shouldn't do it now with Martinez.

Erm David?

No, it's a nonsense. If all clubs are, as Martinez states, looking for 40 points to avoid a relegation battle, then all clubs barring the top four right now are still involved in it. Therefore his point was twisted by some ex Echo talentless hack to mean something entirely different: that Martinez had narrowed a relegation scrap down to Everton and a few others.

An utter disgrace. The same sh1thouse reporter would never have tried that on with Moyes, so he shouldn't do it now with Martinez.

Nope.

Martinez said that all teams are in a relegation scrap until they hit 40 points.

If that isn't true then it's Martinez who needs pulling up, not the reporter for simply shortening his statement to make a lead line.

There's no exaggeration there whatsoever. I personally disagree with the sentiment, but that's Martinez's fault. Not the reporter's.

No you've still lost me, but I'm a more Lee Mack kind of gagster without the laughs, you're obviously more of a Ian Hislop type.

In short you'll need to explain it simpler to me the connection between football, phone hacking and relaagtion.

It's the blind leading the blind this.... who owns Sky? and the Sun? and Rebecka Brooks? That bunch got hammered for hacking phones...etc.... That individuals media group is responsible for 80% of prem players wages, and so by corn chute, the money the clubs hold for a day or two a year.
Contrived? fo sho, Hislop does good work though.

Nope.

Martinez said that all teams are in a relegation scrap until they hit 40 points.

If that isn't true then it's Martinez who needs pulling up, not the reporter for simply shortening his statement to make a lead line.

There's no exaggeration there whatsoever. I personally disagree with the sentiment, but that's Martinez's fault. Not the reporter's.
martinez's point was that it's a truism to say that until a safe number of points is reached then any club is in danger of the drop. From that the hack in question has boldly stated that Martinez sees Everton in a relegation struggle, inferring that it affects us more than the whole division, which is what was intended by his remarks.

It was a shabby snides trick. As said, he wouldn't have done it to Moyes because he knew the next time he visited GP he'd get a boot in the bollocks.

It's the blind leading the blind this.... who owns Sky? and the Sun? and Rebecka Brooks? That bunch got hammered for hacking phones...etc.... That individuals media group is responsible for 80% of prem players wages, and so by corn chute, the money the clubs hold for a day or two a year.
Contrived? fo sho, Hislop does good work though.

Yeah but were's this fit into the 40 points premiership hull mark and Sky? It's not mandatory, in theory teams with 1 point can survive relegation.

Yeah but were's this fit into the 40 points premiership hull mark and Sky? It's not mandatory, in theory teams with 1 point can survive relegation.

Feck......you have me wracking my brain now.....:(

I don't think you could avoid relegation with only one point.

Take three other teams and assume they lose every match except the six they play against each other and yourself.

We know that if you only have one point, then you must have lost five games against these three teams....and drawn with one of them.

No Doug.....you are going down my friend.

Because every team in the league will have beaten you twice except one which has taken four points in their games against you.

:p

Feck......you have me wracking my brain now.....:(

I don't think you could avoid relegation with only one point.

Take three other teams and assume they lose every match except the six they play against each other and yourself.

We know that if you only have one point, then you must have lost five games against these three teams....and drawn with one of them.

No Doug.....you are going down my friend.

Because every team in the league will have beaten you twice except one which has taken four points in their games against you.

:p

Baffling statement wasn't it.

Just what you need at 2am after a few :pint2:.

Even one of Davek's suspect pie charts would not be able to corroborate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back