Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete garbage

We've been budgeting to finish 8th or above in recent seasons, therefore a relegation battle has not formed part of either our planning or our psyche.
This club every year holds its breath getting over the first hurdle: 40 points. It's been that way for a decade and a half. Where've you been?

ALL clubs in this division outside the megabucks elite with infinite resources to have large squads full of quality are susceptible to struggles from time to time to hit safety early.

There is absolutely no controversy in stating that. The fact you'd contest it just shows you up for the contrarian you are.

This club every year holds its breath getting over the first hurdle: 40 points. It's been that way for a decade and a half. Where've you been?

ALL clubs in this division outside the megabucks elite with infinite resources to have large squads full of quality are susceptible to struggles from time to time to hit safety early.

There is absolutely no controversy in stating that. The fact you'd contest it just shows you up for the contrarian you are.
I think we used to but then, if I recall correctly, we changed that to budget for around 8th or something?

Merely because you say it doesn't make it so.

In the first half of Moyes reign we budgeted for survival and 40 points was always our target. Towards the latter end of his reign we'd moved forwards and were confident enough to budget for 8th or above.

To suggest that all barring the clubs you listed start the season with avoiding the drop as their primary goal is complete and utter bollocks

I think we used to but then, if I recall correctly, we changed that to budget for around 8th or something?
Budgeting is not the issue. That's a financial consideration. I'm talking about from a competition perspective.

There isn't a manager or boardroom at any club in the PL outside five who dont look to get past 40 points asap.

Budgeting is not the issue. That's a financial consideration. I'm talking about from a competition perspective.

There isn't a manager or boardroom at any club in the PL outside five who dont look to get past 40 points asap.
Would have hoped we were passed that after last season...how wrong was I?

Merely because you say it doesn't make it so.

In the first half of Moyes reign we budgeted for survival and 40 points was always our target. Towards the latter end of his reign we'd moved forwards and were confident enough to budget for 8th or above.

To suggest that all barring the clubs you listed start the season with avoiding the drop as their primary goal is complete and utter bollocks

Ha Ha Ha.

It IS their primary role. It's the first target they must reach before cracking on.

Jesus wept. It's like pulling teeth this.

Tune in for the next Open University tutorial: "Why Wednesdays always follow Tuesdays".

The budget defines the ambition and expectation

You don't budget to finish 8th and then consider survival to be an achievement ffs.

Would have hoped we were passed that after last season...how wrong was I?
Well, it's a place were in a few times with Moyes, so I dont think it's that much of an unfamiliar feeling. I think Martinez having taken Wigan down is playing on people's minds....way too much, IMO.

Ha Ha Ha.

It IS their primary role. It's the first target they must reach before cracking on.

Jesus wept. It's like pulling teeth this.

Tune in for the next Open University tutorial: "Why Wednesdays always follow Tuesdays".
You're twisting and turning like a fish on a hook, you're all over the place

40 points is nothing more than a milestone on the road towards the goal you clown

You're twisting and turning like a fish on a hook, you're all over the place

40 points is nothing more than a milestone on the road towards the goal you clown
Oh look, more insults. Usually a good rule of thumb when determining who's 'all over the place' in my experience.

To say our beloved club main objective for a new season is 40 points is just lying. Our budget is aimed at a Europa place position. We ain't the team which hoped for survival 10 odd years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back