Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear.

Seriously though, the vast majority accept the reality of second season syndrome and that we need to look forward now to season three under Roberto.

It's pretty much over for this debate apart from a bit of chat that's falling upon deaf ears.
This second season syndrome excuse for me is a load of B****ks.Granted the pressure has eased dramatically since our victory against Palace and thankfully we should get enough points under Roberto to stay away from the relegation zone so let us see where the season leaves us at the end.
If Martinez or Kenwright just put our failings this season down to second season syndrome it would be a big mistake, we have to learn from our mistakes and sort it out starting with the planning for next years pre season.
If I was employed by someone and done great for a year but in the second year was absolutely hopeless do you think my boss would accept SSS
as an excuse ? I very much doubt it.
Yeah. Being 12th in the league and topping your European group. Hopeless.

lol
So you think being 12th in the league and qualifying for the last 32 of a European competition is something to be proud of ?

I'm not saying we shoudn't learn from it. But it's a common enough sporting phenomenon. Great first seasons can produce complacency and apathy, and I think manager and team have been guilty of it this season. They'll learn from it though. Martinez must have felt managing at the top end of the PL was a piece of piss. He knows different now and I dont expect us to start off on the wrong foot next season...and that starts with a proper pre-season.
Well I hope he does learn from it mate because this season has been an absolute right off bearing in mind the squad he had to work with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back