Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It cannot be right that Evertonians, the intellectual elite of this country should have to consider any possibility of homelessness.

Indeed.

It is embedded deep in our very being.

Rather than pay the rent increase the Slumlord was wanting for Anfield, we upped sticks and moved to our current residence.

Not for us a cardboard box at Edgehill or a sleeping bag in Dicky Lewis's hallway :(

But is it how I reacted?

Maybe you can present the evidence? Or maybe it's just another unfounded allegation to put in the big box with all the others you make.

hahahaha you are on crack.

Yes it is what you say.

I don't make allegations, i prove people wrong. Mainly you.

If you don't agree vault me, oh wait you can't because I'm right.

You're more delusional and cultish than a kopite mate; fit right in over at RAWK

Enjoy

I disagree.

The biggest fear in my life is that I won't be able to pay my mortgage every month and will wind up living on the street.

So I take steps to avoid that and aim to have as pleasant and rewarding a life as possible.

That is a commonsense attitude......not a "losers mentality".

You can't build a structure without foundations.

And in football terms the avoidance of relegation is the bedrock upon which all success is built.

Avoid relegation should be a given for a team of this calibre. It should not be a target. Take it as someone living in a 250k house worrying about paying their mortgage when they take home 80k annually. Sounds a bit silly, right? Now if they were earning minimum wage then it's completely understandable, but they're not, they're earning plenty. Similarly, if we had players equal to the ability of Leicester or Burnley, it would be understandable that we want to avoid relegation first. However, we don't.

hahahaha you are on crack.

Yes it is what you say.

I don't make allegations, i prove people wrong. Mainly you.

If you don't agree vault me, oh wait you can't because I'm right.

You're more delusional and cultish than a kopite mate; fit right in over at RAWK

Enjoy
So no actual evidence then?

Ok. Filed away in the box called "false claims".

Avoid relegation should be a given for a team of this calibre.

Maybe you are right.

But the reality is we could face relegation.

And you should never, ever be so complacent and downright smug to think that our team, or any team cones to that, have a divine right not to be relegated.

Bob Paisley didn't think that way and neither should you.

Maybe you are right.

And you should never, ever be so complacent and downright smug to think that our team, or any team cones to that, have a divine right not to be relegated.

I absolutely should think that we have a divine right to avoid relegation because we absolutely should not be getting relegated with this team. Bob Paisley is not the be all and end all of football and just because he used to say, years ago, that the first objective was avoiding relegation, does not mean that this should be the case today.

So no actual evidence then?

Ok. Filed away in the box called "false claims".

There's loads of evidence

Just filed away in the same box that Distin was causing trouble behind the scenes, the players want moyes back, the players are playing poorly so he looses his job; you know where I'm going with this.

Anyway, crack on mate you have no idea where you're going

Maybe you are right.

Anyone who thinks that relegation isn't a possibility, if not maybe unlikely, based on our current circumstances is disillusion and not being realistic.

A win today has been helpful, however it is only a small step in the right direction with difficult fixtures still to come. We need more results.

I wouldn't say it's about divine right. We SHOULDN'T be relegated with our squad as @Jxg mentioned, yet that doesn't mean we cannot.

Nor does it mean if do go down (which I doubt we will) that we do not deserve too. The league tables doesn't lie: we haven't played well enough!

points at bigbear and lol
So still no quotes from Paisley and a second hand story saying that's another season..........you're not showing me where Paisley said it. Are you realistically trying to give Martinez merit because of something your pretending Paisley said?

Palace will be a tough test and we will see if the warm break was worth it. I think we will also see if the team are up for the fight or not.Will they fight for their manager or not. The pressure on Martinez at the moment is immense, will he be able to adopt a `not get beat` philosophy`and catch them on the break, to be honest I would like to at the very least win 1 nil, and defend a lead whilst putting `them` under pressure rather than ourselves. I think Pardew will see us as for the taking even though the last two games I thought we showed huge improvement. I think if we lose the next 2 `heavily` Martinez will be clearing his desk!

Ok me old `tea leaves` called this one right now bring on the kopites! I am going for a 2 nil mighty blues, this time we are going to get it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back