Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to have made ourselves a lot more defensively solid, which is great! Just hope we can get that spark back in the final third. When we do we'll fly up the table.

This comment gives me visions of a poor guy giving a crook his car keys and standing arounding saying "he's gona be along and drop the car off any minute" ..

Any minute now as ...

1 hour later, any minute guys as the reality slowly creeps in

I said that that team today played essentially like a moyes derby team. And boy I hadn't missed that kind of performance.

That surely implies that I wasn't happy with today's performance doesn't it?

True, I had misunderstood your comment mate. I watched the game on my TV alongside my PC. It was just about the most awful derby performance I have seen even compared to ones we lost. With the right team selection, subs and tactics we could have beaten this poor RS team that is what gets me. WE were at home and did not look as though we wanted to win.

Fluid, offensive, attractive football is a fallacy. His brand of play is as boring/predictable as Moyes ever was.

And I like both managers but anyone who thinks we've changed is just high on wishful thinking. We just have more possession now.

We were never going to play with "swagger" (I hate that word but its the only one i can think of). We've just come out of our worst run of form for about a decade. Roberto wanted to keep the momentum moving, a playing for a point against a team who are playing better than us is the way to do it. Its baby steps until we come to some more winnable games.

Fluid, offensive, attractive football is a fallacy. His brand of play is as boring/predictable as Moyes ever was.

And I like both managers but anyone who thinks we've changed is just high on wishful thinking. We just have more possession m
We were never going to play with "swagger" (I hate that word but its the only one i can think of). We've just come out of our worst run of form for about a decade. Roberto wanted to keep the momentum moving, a playing for a point against a team who are playing better than us is the way to do it. Its baby steps until we come to some more winnable games.

Momentum? It's one win in how many?

So discouraged that we didn't go gung-ho against the form team of the league with their lightning quick counter-attacking front line that have been scoring consistently lately. The correct tactical decision would have been to throw men forward (as we have been scoring for fun ourselves lately) and leave ourselves exposed to counter-attacks. We'd have won the game, no problem. It's so obvious, anyone could see it. Catalan clown.

And I like both managers but anyone who thinks we've changed is just high on wishful thinking. We just have more possession m

Momentum? It's one win in how many?

Of course its momentum you fool. As i mentioned we've just come out of our worst period of form for a decade. Id rather play it safe and get a point then risk losing confidence by getting beat. If we were in a good period of form id complain about that performance, but the fact is we're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back