Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were never going to play with "swagger" (I hate that word but its the only one i can think of). We've just come out of our worst run of form for about a decade. Roberto wanted to keep the momentum moving, a playing for a point against a team who are playing better than us is the way to do it. Its baby steps until we come to some more winnable games.

We have been saying the winnable games for ages. The truth is we are struggle to get a draw when we play the like of Stoke at home. This season is bloody dreadful and by the time we reach safety, we should consider our future...

We have been saying the winnable games for ages. The truth is we are struggle to get a draw when we play the like of Stoke at home. This season is bloody dreadful and by the time we reach safety, we should consider our future...

Our, or you mean RM, or the club, or certain players?

Of course its momentum you fool. As i mentioned we've just come out of our worst period of form for a decade. Id rather play it safe and get a point then risk losing confidence by getting beat. If we were in a good period of form id complain about that performance, but the fact is we're not.

No momentum at all, we'll lose to Chelsea and then it'll still look dismal. Momentum is gained by beating an average Liverpool team at home.

I can't blame the strategy. It was boring, dull, unambitious... but honestly, given our form, we just have to grind things out at the moment.

It was a good point. I don't take anything long term from this game, as we just did what was needed to be done for the 90 minutes. If we had done that more often over the last three months, we'd be in a healthier position in the league.

I mean RM actually. Maybe he deserves to have time after what he had done last year but will he be able to turn it around next season? We can't afford to have another season like this.

Next season will be his third, took 3 seasons for him to get Wigan relegated so he is on track.

Gotta start somewhere though. At least he has shown that he was prepared to do whatever it took to stop shipping goals. A Plan B as it were.

Now we have a base to build on and hopefully some of the swagger will be back sooner rather than later.

Got my fingers crossed just like you I reckon. Lets face it with the results lately there should only be going in one direction and that is up. Wish he would have us winning so we go up faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back