Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? We scored 4 in the next home game after that chelsea one.

We've been more inclined to sit back against the bigger teams since then.

Liverpool Home and Away, City Home and Away,Spurs Away, United Away.

We were noticeably cautious for large periods of all those games

I don't agree there. 1 win in 10 is an absolute joke, we haven't won at home in nearly two months either. I just don't think Martinez is the man for us anymore.
I agree mate regards Martinez but I think we are safe now lets see where the season takes us ,if performances dont improve you would have to take a serious look at the situation at the end of the season.
His blueprint for success seems to in tatters now the philosophy that he was not going to change from has well and truly been ditched so lets see if he can find a formula to win games with a modified system of play.I want us to play pretty football but most of all I want us to win football matches.

His subs and his absolute resolute reluctance to have a balanced attack, whilst at the same time his persistence with 90 minutes of Barry every week are genuinely testing my patience.
I think Barry is okay but clearly needs dropping. Last season all that Barry really did was make a couple of tackles, and move the ball from the back up the midfield slightly; now this is what is not happening this season. Last season McCarthy was the man that would often be the target of Barry as they slowly moved the play forwards, this season however obviously McCarthy hasn't been present (he was excellent today). Now I know this does not excuse Barry of playing bad, but from my point of view our defence is stronger with Barry just infront of the defenders.
Today when Barry gave the ball away he'd often just hoof it to no where because there is no one making space or moving to get it etc; and this is simply down to lack of width.
With the lack of width means everything is nearly always squeezed down the middle- they just crowd us out and win the ball back (it has happened pretty much every game this season and is extremely boring to watch). When Lennon came on we had finally an out and out winger on the pitch (Mirallas does the job but for me he is not a winger, but more of a centre forward), and he actually brought Coleman into the game for once. Now this is where another issue arises: When Lennon decides to switch wings from the right to the left or vice versa, the other wing is left redundant of a winger. So then Coleman gets the ball, loads of space on the wing but Lennon has switched to the other side.

It would be very nice to see 2 wingers: i.e McGeady and Lennon start a game for us, but Martinez doesn't seem to know how to use wingers this season.

Oh and playing Lukaku on the left wing towards the end was utter bs.

Edit: Pienaar may be [Poor language removed] but he brings Baines into the game, and I would desperately like to see Lennon, McGeady or Oviedo do this; I'd say Atsu too but he doesn't seem strong/good enough to start for us.

Lets compare every Derby to the 3-0 Johnston one

@DanEFC92 logic

andy-johnson-2006-400x300.jpg

What a game tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back