Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit I was up for seeing a change in manager after Christmas. But what we've seen in the last couple of weeks may not be spectacular, but is a gradual return to solidity. We've looked so wobbly all season long with little shape, that right now I'll happily suffer a couple of games where we start from the back again and work on being hard to beat. That's always been a foundation and it breeds confidence. You can't expect a team that has been leaking goals for months to suddenly go into title winning form. This season is pretty much a write off, but it's worth sticking with it now as long as the improvement continues. I will also admit though I couldn't see the point in just switching players around in the last ten minutes. If we were going to win we needed to change our shape. With 3 defensive midfielders we were never going to create and the sub of Besic for Alcaraz was infuriating. Barkley did fine though in the few minutes he was on, back in his regular role.

It may not be a great derby win, but it continues our steady recovery. Stick with it!

One shot on target in a derby game, absolutely shocking. I really lost faith today. Stupid system (4-3-3) which we haven't played all year. What has happened to the team from last year who went away to the big clubs and attacked?

We are Everton and when we play at Goodison 3 points is what we demand.

One shot on target in a derby game, absolutely shocking. I really lost faith today. Stupid system (4-3-3) which we haven't played all year. What has happened to the team from last year who went away to the big clubs and attacked?

We are Everton and when we play at Goodison 3 points is what we demand.

Have you only just started watching us this season?

Like we're just gonna go from completely crap to completely boss overnight. Jesus Christ. We've had an awful season - it takes time to recover.

Why are people acting as if we've put in that performance off the back of a ten game winning streak?!
Demanding three points when we've had our worst period of form for years is downright ridiculous.

No ones demanding 3 points. I'm demanding more attacking intent than 10 men behind the ball and one shot on target in 90 minutes

No ones demanding 3 points. I'm demanding more attacking intent than 10 men behind the ball and one shot on target in 90 minutes
We are too low on the table to afford that luxury. If we opened up like most of the season we would concede 2 or 3 again. Need a few more points away from the relegation teams first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back