Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's the reasonable view. he's had a great season and a poor one. should get next season to prove which was the fluke, which is what most who didnt want him sacked had been saying.

There were never any serious numbers of supporters who wanted him sacked. That was a myth perpetrated on here by certain posters who tried to make out that there was some kind of massive conspiracy going on.

There are however a sizeable amount of supporters who remain sceptical as to whether he is the right man for the job or not long-term. These people were accused of disloyalty for their doubting and were accused of wanting him out. It was never the case.

Hopefully we will have a decent next season and this petty squabbling will be put to bed.

No im pretty sure there was a LOT of fans who wanted rid and quite frankly I was on the edge a few times.

We have a talented squad of players, as proven in the last 6 games and the manager, for whatever reason was failing to get them to perform, at 1 point we had 1 win in 7 and 2 wins in 13, not to mention 4 defeats on the bounce, lets not pretend that he didnt deserve the sack.

Yep, in Davids darkest hours he was fighting alone, now, when the battle is won, you come piping up, shameless and im glad its been noticed.

@davek never needed saving. He had the plotters in his back pocket.

Plus I've been thread banned more times in the last 6 months than you've had hot dinners mate.

@orly @daz4matty

Its a bit hard to contribute if you're on gardening leave. Might explain a few things to you plotters.

There were never any serious numbers of supporters who wanted him sacked. That was a myth perpetrated on here by certain posters who tried to make out that there was some kind of massive conspiracy going on.

There are however a sizeable amount of supporters who remain sceptical as to whether he is the right man for the job or not long-term. These people were accused of disloyalty for their doubting and were accused of wanting him out. It was never the case.

Hopefully we will have a decent next season and this petty squabbling will be put to bed.

Plotters trying to re-write history here @davek

Brother Mouzone needs no backing Damo mate

The_Wire_Brother_Mouzone.jpg

I just go where the money is good

No im pretty sure there was a LOT of fans who wanted rid and quite frankly I was on the edge a few times.

We have a talented squad of players, as proven in the last 6 games and the manager, for whatever reason was failing to get them to perform, at 1 point we had 1 win in 7 and 2 wins in 13, not to mention 4 defeats on the bounce, lets not pretend that he didnt deserve the sack.
Yeah spot on and i did want him out.
My main gripe was his unwillingness to change but he has done that now with great results.
I am willing to give him time now and get behind him

Oh look, the same formation as last season, players in their proper positions, a balanced side and we get a good result. Makes you wonder what Martinez was on when he was playing three number 10s and then three DMs .

I hope to be proven wrong but this may just be classic Everton winning when the pressure is off like they did under Moyes so often. United are a good side so it's not a result to be sniffed at, but for me I've seen Everton do this before.

Polls of hundreds on here around the time of the Stoke and Arsenal games suggest different.

He deserved criticism because quite frankly, his tactics and some of his all round decisions were baffling and clearly weren't getting the best out of the talented pool of players we have here, but somethings clicked, and he's learnt, and thats why we are on the run that we are. For which he now deserves praise for.

Polls of hundreds on here around the time of the Stoke and Arsenal games suggest different.

On here, yes. A tiny fraction of our support. And most of that is a kneejerking reaction on the internet to a bad result.

Didn't hear hundreds of supporters at the match calling for his head though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back