Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, the same formation as last season, players in their proper positions, a balanced side and we get a good result. Makes you wonder what Martinez was on when he was playing three number 10s and then three DMs .

I hope to be proven wrong but this may just be classic Everton winning when the pressure is off like they did under Moyes so often. United are a good side so it's not a result to be sniffed at, but for me I've seen Everton do this before.

Football is evolving all the time, I think he was just trying to find different formations and playing players in certain roles hoping it would work, as you say, to his credit he changed it, but possibly a little late, the players must take a bit of the blame tho, without a doubt, he was let down at times by certain players and we did have some key players out for longish periods of time.

The injury to Barkley on the eve of the season was a hammer blow that we took a LONG time to recover from, mental wise as well as on the pitch.
I would imagine the whole squad was looking to Ross to shine and his injury must have been a blow for the whole squad.

I maintain what ive said from day 1, hes got till October still, get some quality in, try and offload some rubbish, get a good pre-season, hit the road running, BOOM, Champions.

There were never any serious numbers of supporters who wanted him sacked. That was a myth perpetrated on here by certain posters who tried to make out that there was some kind of massive conspiracy going on.

There are however a sizeable amount of supporters who remain sceptical as to whether he is the right man for the job or not long-term. These people were accused of disloyalty for their doubting and were accused of wanting him out. It was never the case.

Hopefully we will have a decent next season and this petty squabbling will be put to bed.

Oh no. Only a handful.
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/martinez-sentiment-poll-in-or-out.74367/

*sigh*

Always thought we would hit some form, shame it took so long in coming though.

Dont think there is any coincidence that we start getting results when we get knocked out of Europa league.

Barry is certainly loving not playing twice a week, but personally I think its an easy excuse, he had the players to rotate.

There were never any serious numbers of supporters who wanted him sacked. That was a myth perpetrated on here by certain posters who tried to make out that there was some kind of massive conspiracy going on.

There are however a sizeable amount of supporters who remain sceptical as to whether he is the right man for the job or not long-term. These people were accused of disloyalty for their doubting and were accused of wanting him out. It was never the case.

Hopefully we will have a decent next season and this petty squabbling will be put to bed.
No - there a a core who don't want him and never have done,they will lie in wait for any hiccup and once that happens they will be back out in force.
He will never be a success for the bitter co re

Barry is certainly loving not playing twice a week, but personally I think its an easy excuse, he had the players to rotate.

I think he really wanted to win it and didnt get the balance between players being rotated right but thats hindsight as well. He'll be better for this seasons experiences and how to deal with Europe again in the future.

Today was the first really good domestic result of a very poor season.
I hope this season proves to be a learning curve and we hit the ground running next year.
We simply must keep hold of our best players and replace those who are not up to task (Alcaraz a prime example).

3507yu7037.gif

I still want him out tbh
Gets the first 10 games of next season for me. Then I sack the clown if we're still crap.

Oh, that must be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard, imagine having only 7 days to prepare for 2 games, we should defo give him a pay rise.

Honestly David, sake.

It's a proven fact that teams always struggle with EL/PL schedules.

There's a reason for it and lack of preparation is that reason.

No - there a a core who don't want him and never have done,they will lie in wait for any hiccup and once that happens they will be back out in force.
He will never be a success for the bitter co re

You will never have any manager receiving 100% backing from any clubs supporters. Get over it and ignore it.

I didn't want Walter Smith as manager from Day 1 and that continued for 4 years until he left. Didn't stop me supporting the team though.

On here, yes. A tiny fraction of our support. And most of that is a kneejerking reaction on the internet to a bad result.

Didn't hear hundreds of supporters at the match calling for his head though.

Well obviously people weren't going to start singing Martinez out songs at the game! A poll of hundreds is going to be relatively reliable. However I will concede, this place is without doubt not short of weapons that imo don't well represent the opinions of the match-going support, so each poll has to be taken with a vat of salt. It sadly wasn't just an isolated few, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back