Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you? I'd rather he be honest and say that this season is not acceptable. I'd also appreciate not being told that Tony Hibbert is very important for us when he is absolutely crap.
Exactly. He's talking about top 10 being some kind of achievement, this is everton not wigan he's talking about. Roberto had the biggest net spend ever afforded to an everton manger last summer. Top 10 is not an 'achievement' it is a very disappointing season, with first round exits in the league and fa cup. What is want him to say publicly is that season has been a big disappointment and the club has under achieved and how he is going to learn from that and put it right.

yes I would considering I just said "I'd rather..." Hibbo doesn't even play so he obviously meant important in the dressing room. Also people take what is said in the media too seriously. I highly doubt he is happy we're in 11th and they've addressed it internally. What positives is there to slating everyone in the media besides telling supporters what they want to hear?
So we give Hibbert the cheerleader £30k+ p/w because he is good in the dressing room? I'd rather have his yearly wage knocked off the price of season tickets.

What he says in the media is what we must listen to, it is the only direct form of communication we have. He doesn't have to come out and say "Naismith is s***", that is not what I'm asking for.

On that note, you didn't address him saying the competition is good for the squad. As I've said, Robles, Besic and Garbutt all impressed when given a run in the team but were quickly dropped when his favourites returned. If these favourites had of been of absolute world class talent then fair enough, but it was players who were badly out of form and both in their late 30's.

Exactly. He's talking about top 10 being some kind of achievement, this is everton not wigan he's talking about. Roberto had the biggest net spend ever afforded to an everton manger last summer. Top 10 is not an 'achievement' it is a very disappointing season, with first round exits in the league and fa cup. What is want him to say publicly is that season has been a big disappointment and the club has under achieved and how he is going to learn from that and put it right.

Yeah.

He might as well change his name to Roberto Neville.

John Carver tells it like it is. We could probably get him too.
Why have you got to try undermine a valid argument? A lot of good managers have came out and admitted their mistakes in seasons gone by, would you prefer to be treated like an idiot? You believe Top 10 would represent a great achievement for us?

So we give Hibbert the cheerleader £30k+ p/w because he is good in the dressing room? I'd rather have his yearly wage knocked off the price of season tickets.

What he says in the media is what we must listen to, it is the only direct form of communication we have. He doesn't have to come out and say "Naismith is s***", that is not what I'm asking for.

On that note, you didn't address him saying the competition is good for the squad. As I've said, Robles, Besic and Garbutt all impressed when given a run in the team but were quickly dropped when his favourites returned. If these favourites had of been of absolute world class talent then fair enough, but it was players who were badly out of form and both in their late 30's.
so you think Baines should have been benched permenatly for Garbutt? Also I was responding to your competition comment I was responding to your post about his positivity in the media. How direct is it though? Journos are the ones asking the questions not the fans, also my point is people take things managers (not just RM) too literally and at face value

Why have you got to try undermine a valid argument? A lot of good managers have came out and admitted their mistakes in seasons gone by, would you prefer to be treated like an idiot? You believe Top 10 would represent a great achievement for us?
No, Not at all.
Sorry. I didn't want to upset anyone.
The players and agents pull the strings these days. I guess the quickest way for a manager to lose his job is to slag the players off.

Usually not, but considering the first part of the season and the time around christmas, yes it is. And i believe thats the context that hes using it.

If he came out and said it at the beginning of a season id be fewmin but he hasnt

Usually not, but considering the first part of the season and the time around christmas, yes it is. And i believe thats the context that hes using it.

If he came out and said it at the beginning of a season id be fewmin but he hasnt
He was at fault for the first two thirds of the season, he is the reason Top 10 in his words 'represents an achievement'.

He was at fault for the first two thirds of the season, he is the reason Top 10 in his words 'represents an achievement'.
so the players bear no responsibility at all? you can argue about tactics all you want but the effort level wasn't high enough alot of times this season and at some point the players need to step it up, they're professionals. Martinez shares in the blame as well but it's been a poor season from the manager and the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back