Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't always his hamstring. So you agree that Robles and Besic deserved a first team place in comparison to the awful form of both Howard and Barry?
So now you don't think Garbutt shouldve stayed? I can see the robles argument more so than the rest. Besic was probably meant to be eased into the Prem this season at it's quite a leap from hungrain league CB to prem CM and I rate besic alot. Just think t plan was to give him time to transition this year. The thing with Howard and Robles is similar to what I pointed out about Baines and garbutt (not form and ability but the situation) I don't think Martinez will bench players due to injury

He has happily sat there for years taking in millions having played about 8 games. He is sponging from the club. Ronnie Goodlas breathes this club, how about we sign him up to a contact? He'd be as useful as Hibbert.

sponging from the club.... haha I am sure he has wanted to play more than 8 games
Ronnie Goodlass arguement.... wtf worst analogy ever

So now you don't think Garbutt shouldve stayed? I can see the robles argument more so than the rest. Besic was probably meant to be eased into the Prem this season at it's quite a leap from hungrain league CB to prem CM and I rate besic alot. Just think t plan was to give him time to transition this year. The thing with Howard and Robles is similar to what I pointed out about Baines and garbutt (not form and ability but the situation) I don't think Martinez will bench players due to injury
Besic' form was good enough to keep his place in the team. Maybe the plan was to ease him in, but if he is good enough then he is good enough. That is like saying 'I'm not going to use Alexis Sanchez all the time, I'm going to ease him into the pace of this league'.

I said Garbutt deserved his chance to show us what he can do, not be dropped back to the bench never to be seen again on the back of impressive form. Baines is the wrong side of 30, Garbutt is an up and coming talented left-back who we are now probably going to be losing on a free. Perhaps a run in the team would have convinced him he has s future with us?

Tim Howard has been shocking, the decision to bring him back into the squad was a disgrace.

I have to laugh at these posts
Yes this season has been terrible and there is blame to be proportioned all over the club
Last season was superb and most of us recognised it was always going to be a hard act to follow
Were I find it funny you would think we had been winning trophys and titles on a regular basis, and playing football on the same levels as Barcelona
The truth is we are a team that averaged around 7th place, never challenged for anything and played very conservative football
So please feel free to call him what you want, but just think back over the years and just remember since the mid 80s we have been at best mediocre

sponging from the club.... haha I am sure he has wanted to play more than 8 games
Your argument was he knows what makes the club tick and this somehow justifies him taking home over £1m every year. Tony Hibbert should be shown the door. There is no room for sentiment in football. Fair enough if had shown even the slightest ounce of quality in his career here, but he has been nothing but a joke to the ground. Every time he plays all you hear is 'shooooot' ffs.

Yes this season has been terrible and there is blame to be proportioned all over the club
Last season was superb and most of us recognised it was always going to be a hard act to follow
Were I find it funny you would think we had been winning trophys and titles on a regular basis, and playing football on the same levels as Barcelona
The truth is we are a team that averaged around 7th place, never challenged for anything and played very conservative football
So please feel free to call him what you want, but just think back over the years and just remember since the mid 80s we have been at best mediocre

Yes, and we'd rather we weren't.

Every manager we've had since Royle has been a failiure at this club. That doesn't mean that we should stop wanting success.

Yes, argument over right there. We can never aspire to greater things, might as well pack up now.

It's difficult to argue that he understands not playing for money when he's a millionaire and no other club in the world would pay him higher wages.

I like hibbo, but he has not loyally turned down offers of 60k a week from juve, you know. Everton was as good an offer as he was ever going get. A mercenary with no connection to the club, would probably have acted exactly the same in his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back