Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the players bear no responsibility at all? you can argue about tactics all you want but the effort level wasn't high enough alot of times this season and at some point the players need to step it up, they're professionals. Martinez shares in the blame as well but it's been a poor season from the manager and the players.
Besic, Garbutt, Robles all 'stepped it up' only to not be rewarded. Barkley, Mirallas and Lukaku all being played all over the pitch too. Of course the players have to bare some responsibility, but as in any business it is the manager who bares the brunt. He is paid to fix it.

Besic, Garbutt, Robles all 'stepped it up' only to not be rewarded. Barkley, Mirallas and Lukaku all being played all over the pitch too. Of course the players have to bare some responsibility, but as in any business it is the manager who bares the brunt. He is paid to fix it.
Kev was played on the right all season until Lennon came then he's played on the left when he starts. Hardly all over the place. I had asked before which you didnt answer, do you think Baines shouldve been benched the rest of the season for garbutt?

Would you? I'd rather he be honest and say that this season is not acceptable. I'd also appreciate not being told that Tony Hibbert is very important for us when he is absolutely crap.

I would rather wash my dirty laundry behind closed doors and he may be referring to Hibbert being important in the sense that he knows the club, is local,understands what it means to play for the shirt rather than money, understands what makes the blues crowd tick ..... having this in team is important, yes he is not the best but he is important if you look at the bigger scenario ..... with all the kids coming though, he is without doubt a valuable asset.

If your boss got on the shop floor and said you where sh@@te in front of everybody how would you react, I bet most people would prefer to be bollocked in private .... different styles of management its life

Kev was played on the right all season until Lennon came then he's played on the left when he starts. Hardly all over the place. I had asked before which you didnt answer, do you think Baines shouldve been benched the rest of the season for garbutt?
Mirallas has been in and out the squad all season. If you go back to my original point I said to an extent you could argue Garbutt and Baines. Baines is a brilliant player, that is not to say he is above criticism.

Weird old thread this.

Martinez has been an utter bellend this season at certain points.

So have just about every single player.

There's blame all over the place for this utter shambles this season.
agreed. been pointing this out in plenty of different threads on here. Everyone is to blame for the crap season. But it makes people feel better if they can think "we'd be top 4 with a different manager" "only reason we're crap is Howard" etc

Mirallas has been in and out the squad all season. If you go back to my original point I said to an extent you could argue Garbutt and Baines. Baines is a brilliant player, that is not to say he is above criticism.
Mirallas has been in and out as he keeps doing in his hammy. Never said baines was above criticism. He's had a below standard season as well, especially defensively but his form was hardly bad enough to be sent to the bench and he shouldn't lose his place to injury

I would rather wash my dirty laundry behind closed doors and he may be referring to Hibbert being important in the sense that he knows the club, is local,understands what it means to play for the shirt rather than money, understands what makes the blues crowd tick ..... having this in team is important, yes he is not the best but he is important if you look at the bigger scenario ..... with all the kids coming though, he is without doubt a valuable asset.

If your boss got on the shop floor and said you where sh@@te in front of everybody how would you react, I bet most people would prefer to be bollocked in private .... different styles of management its life

It's weird that you seem to think the only two things you can say to the press is "we're doing superbly" and "baines is a little shithouse who isn't trying".

Like there is middle ground there.

agreed. been pointing this out in plenty of different threads on here. Everyone is to blame for the crap season. But it makes people feel better if they can think "we'd be top 4 with a different manager" "only reason we're crap is Howard" etc

There's certainly some reasons that are more pertinent than others.

But nobody would agree on what order they'd go in on here.

He has happily sat there for years taking in millions having played about 8 games. He is sponging from the club. Ronnie Goodlas breathes this club, how about we sign him up to a contact? He'd be as useful as Hibbert.

Mirallas has been in and out as he keeps doing in his hammy. Never said baines was above criticism. He's had a below standard season as well, especially defensively but his form was hardly bad enough to be sent to the bench and he shouldn't lose his place to injury
It wasn't always his hamstring. So you agree that Robles and Besic deserved a first team place in comparison to the awful form of both Howard and Barry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back