Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Superfan !

giphy.gif
Ha Ha never been a super hero before

Not a superfan just a normal fella who has luckily been blessed with common sense and understands the pecking order in the Prem

Definitely.

Pre season will show us more than ever too.

Little did we realise all the signs were there last year. Losing to Paderborn (who the actual Christ are they?!) and getting utterly drilled by Celta Vigo didn't really feel too serious as it was pre-season, but in reality all the signs were there.

(Watch us spank everyone in pre season now and lose 2-1 to Watford on the opening day now)
TBH we never have good preseasons

Maybe it's not exactly the same, but that doesn't justify him being dropped because this was a planned transition year.

He was performing better in a position than another player, therefore he should have stayed in that position. Not only that, he is 22 and Barry is 35, we could have had the chance to address the enormous average age of our squad.
Don't know if besic is injured, but if not there is no reason not to play him in the final 3 games of the season.

I don't want martinez out. I want him to win us a cup and I don't want 10 years of not doing that by losing games to the likes of wigan and reading while being one of the best paid managers in europe to be seen as success.

Which you know has happened before. You stop getting upset about bad seasons and you allow the manager to just take the piss.

Like by saying that top ten is a great result.

At this point in the season it is a great result-sad but true

I have to laugh at these posts
Yes this season has been terrible and there is blame to be proportioned all over the club
Last season was superb and most of us recognised it was always going to be a hard act to follow
Were I find it funny you would think we had been winning trophys and titles on a regular basis, and playing football on the same levels as Barcelona
The truth is we are a team that averaged around 7th place, never challenged for anything and played very conservative football
So please feel free to call him what you want, but just think back over the years and just remember since the mid 80s we have been at best mediocre
I think all of us recognised the fact that we over achieved last season. Going to the game became an enjoyable experience once again and Martinez and the players were rightly praised for their efforts. The demands of Europe made it unlikely we would challenge for the champions league places. As fans we can accept that.
However what can't be accepted is the level of performance shown week in week out, that at best can only be described as 'average'. Exits in the first rounds of the league and fa cup was unacceptable. In another thread over half our team is supposedly being courted by 'bigger' clubs. We have in my eyes the most talented group of players since we last won the league. A side containing Coleman, stones, Baines, McCarthy, miralles, Barkley and Lukaku shouldn't be in the bottom half of the league playing a brand of football that is often dull and uninspiring. You stated quite rightly that since we last won the league many sides have produced mediocre results. Those set of players and this team assembled shouldn't be producing mediocre football and results were 10th place is seen as an 'achievement'.

I think all of us recognised the fact that we over achieved last season. Going to the game became an enjoyable experience once again and Martinez and the players were rightly praised for their efforts. The demands of Europe made it unlikely we would challenge for the champions league places. As fans we can accept that.
However what can't be accepted is the level of performance shown week in week out, that at best can only be described as 'average'. Exits in the first rounds of the league and fa cup was unacceptable. In another thread over half our team is supposedly being courted by 'bigger' clubs. We have in my eyes the most talented group of players since we last won the league. A side containing Coleman, stones, Baines, McCarthy, miralles, Barkley and Lukaku shouldn't be in the bottom half of the league playing a brand of football that is often dull and uninspiring. You stated quite rightly that since we last won the league many sides have produced mediocre results. Those set of players and this team assembled shouldn't be producing mediocre football and results were 10th place is seen as an 'achievement'.
I thought our performance against West Ham away was one of our best
I agree in what you say, the laughable part for me is people believe we we should be winning silverware every year and being in the top 4
As for dull and uninspiring, sadly used to it now but have the faint hope RM can get us playing like last season again
As for the top 10 finish, sadly at this point in the season it would be a positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back