Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In many years to come, archaeologists will find strange drawings on the side of caves.

There will be drawings of hope and expectations which thrived until a foreign looking man in brown shoes made them extinct.

How many Everton teams have you known?
From the year 2000 onwards, I never had as much hope coming into any season as much as this one. Even when we finished 4th, the team never looked like it had a lot of quality other than Arteta and Cahill. This one does have genuine quality players.

From the year 2000 onwards, I never had as much hope coming into any season as much as this one. Even when we finished 4th, the team never looked like it had a lot of quality other than Arteta and Cahill. This one does have genuine quality players.
Fair enough. I've been there myself mate.

I can only offer solace by saying it gets easier with time, when you learn to hate them.

In many years to come, archaeologists will find strange drawings on the side of caves.

There will be drawings of hope and expectations which thrived until a foreign looking man in brown shoes made them extinct.
That big fire ball in the sky on said drawings isn't Halley's Comet, it's from a ball from the back when the brown shoed man is massacred and the plotter tribe install Tony Pulis as their new God.

Hopefully the players won't get that extended rest he's talking about once we get into the fair play intertoto gentleman's agreement good manners gets you places qualifying first phase section 1 initial group stage of 4 groups of death Europa league back door mind your step and close the gate slots that's on offer.

That big fire ball in the sky on said drawings isn't Halley's Comet, it's from a ball from the back when the brown shoed man is massacred and the plotter tribe install Tony Pulis as their new God.

I think Jags hoofed a rock up into space which orbited Mars before upon re entry it was worshipped as a returning god.

Boss man popcorning the plotters...#properEvertonians chortling along with him.

He's done the same again tonight over the last preseason: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...rtinez-everton-benefit-summer-without-9192763

He's laughing at the fumers and haters. He keeps his job and gets to spend the transfer war chest and see out his contract...meanwhile the plotters are back in their cave staring into a fire, tearing into a portion of woolly mammoth with their incisors and cursing 'dat modern football'.

It's an absolute rout.

Enjoy 10th next season. The mistake you have made is assuming people thought they could actually get Martinez out. I don't think many did. A lot wanted him out, but there's a huge difference between that and thinking they could get him out. So you've accurately predicted that the Everton board settled for mediocrity and took the easy cheap route of not firing the manager. Congratulations what a crystal ball you have, no one would have expected that from our brilliant board. You've also predicted that we didn't get relegated, something that we're better at avoiding than any other premier league side. Again another astonishing prediction that no one saw coming.

Transfer war chest? Ha ok, thought this was Everton.

If proper Evertonians chortle along with a man who has now blamed the Europa league, the World Cup, soft tissue injuries, mental fatigue, confidence, and 'bad luck' all before blaming himself for a season of woeful elimination from all cup competitions and a flirt with relegation finishing behind Stoke and Swansea, then the fans will continue to get the club they deserve.

But yes let's all continue to argue about who blinked first when we were 3 points above the drop zone meanwhile our board builds to accept another trophy less season of midtable mediocrity. I'm sure the boards of Liverpool Spurs City etc are all doing the same (they're not, they're holding reviews of their managers for under performance, imagine that). Least the plotters were silenced though hey? (They're not, all of the problems this season remain the same, it was never about relegation or whether Martinez would be fired or not. This will all come up again next season as we continue to under perform).

Want to predict for next season that Everton won't fire Martinez and we won't get relegated? Go ahead, easiest two predictions anyone could make.

RM talking about the need for better preparation in the summer and a top 10 finish achievement: that's just code for "Karma's a bitch isn't it, you spray paint scrawling, booing belters".

Hats off to the boss man. He's shut the agricultural footy neanderthals down with a couple of zingers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back