Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be a double blow if Martinez fails to get it right during this summer. Not only will we inevitably whimper along again next season but whoever replaces him will be left with the same lot...minus the one's that jump ship.

1 season in 11th, yeah, its a minor blip, 2 seasons, out of the top 6, yeah, thats us done.

tumblr_npquq6z0Vi1s95j2so2_250.gif

We've been off track approaching three decades.

Really? Guess we can always blame Heysel for our woes.

It's not about looking back, it's about getting things right in the here and now so we can build a sound foundation to move forward. If Roberto gets it wrong, we could very well find ourselves becoming a regular mid-table Club... or worse.

Really? Guess we can always blame Heysel for our woes.

It's not about looking back, it's about getting things right in the here and now so we can build a sound foundation to move forward. If Roberto gets it wrong, we could very well find ourselves becoming a regular mid-table Club... or worse.
Are we not a regular mid table club with the occasional relegation scrap thrown in before Roberto came?

No.

I'm not trying to be anti Roberto Martinez by the way, I'm being 'let's get things right'.
I am with you. I think we have a squad rebuild to undertake which could require two or three summers. This summer is important to kick things off.

The last ten years we have finished in the top 5 four times, we have also been 7th twice, 11th twice and 6 and 8th once.
The last time we finished 11th was ten years ago - having being 4th 11 years ago. We have definitely become a top 5-7 club and we should be aiming for Europe each year. The fact that we have so little money considering how well we have done shows what a **** board we have. This summer truly is make or break for Martinez if he signs the wrong players - like the majority of his transfers so far, it could easily drag us back to becoming a mid table team.

The last ten years we have finished in the top 5 four times, we have also been 7th twice, 11th twice and 6 and 8th once.
The last time we finished 11th was ten years ago - having being 4th 11 years ago. We have definitely become a top 5-7 club and we should be aiming for Europe each year. The fact that we have so little money considering how well we have done shows what a **** board we have. This summer truly is make or break for Martinez if he signs the wrong players - like the majority of his transfers so far, it could easily drag us back to becoming a mid table team.
I dont care about being a mid-table team if it means the alternative is that we finish in the swamp between 8th and 4th place. I care about us becoming a trophy winning team, and Martinez will need to show some progress in the domestic trophies this season to buoy his reputation even amongst his supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back