Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This summer truly is make or break for Martinez if he signs the wrong players - like the majority of his transfers so far, it could easily drag us back to becoming a mid table team.

Roberto's record isn't that bad - and nobody gets all their transfers right.

Lukaku, McCarthy and Barry were signings intended for the first team, and they have established themselves there.

Others - Robles, Alcaraz, Besic, McGeady and Kone - were signed as squad members who have had more varied success.

Deulefeu and Lennon were good loan players who made an impact.

Cleverley seems a good start in this window.

I dont care about being a mid-table team if it means the alternative is that we finish in the swamp between 8th and 4th place. I care about us becoming a trophy winning team, and Martinez will need to show some progress in the domestic trophies this season to buoy his reputation even amongst his supporters.

Yeah, he gave it a proper good crack last season didnt he.

Yeah, he gave it a proper good crack last season didnt he.
That's why I said he needs to progress in them this season.

He's proven he can go beyond what ginger bollocks did in the PL, now he needs to go one step beyond what the dullard did in the cups.

For a change im with Da-Veck on this one. I think we all crave a cup more and more as the seasons go by, if we had won a cup last season i wouldnt of been as fussed about our poor finish in the league. But having no success trophy wise and a poor league run means many of us just struggled to see any positives. Nice to see DaveK still fighting the fight ;)

He's proven he can go beyond what ginger bollocks did in the PL, now he needs to go one step beyond what the dullard did in the cups.
Liverpool's points total last season would have won them the league in 2001, 2003 and 2011. Do you think Rodgers is getting the credit he deserves for surpassing three of Alex Ferguson's finest achievements?

I've got concerns with the vibe at the club. Everybody seems to be mouthing off, Lukaku MCArthy Baines Garbutt Mirallas Distin. We're also being linked with players like Payett, who pulled up trees last season, so is probably being hawked here there and everywhere, and is 28 ie zero sell on, plus top dollar now. Also ,where the hell does Barkley play if this guy is the third central midfielder?
I don't think he knows what he's doing, and I fear he's just full of piss and wind. We'll know soon enough, but not before he's spent another shed load of cash.

So win the cup then?

Cos, Moyes got to the final like

He was one game away from being an Everton legend (And he would have been had we won that cup, make no mistake. He'd be eulogised)

If Martinez got to the Final and lost, I think you'd be a tad more generous, despite the fact that he has a much better team to work with than Moyes did back in 2009

To be fair to Moyes, he had an outstanding eye for talent and took us back to near the top.

Look at the dealings Moyes did in his time.

Lescott 5m in 24m out
Fellaini 15m in 27m out

Can anybody say Martinez will be able to do anything even remotely like that.

Kone 6m in
And so on, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

His 2 "best" buys are Lukaku at 28m, a vastly inflated price and McCarthy at 12m, neither player will attract decent money upon sale.

My fear was all Moyes hard work in the transfer windows being undone by a relegation hunting tool, looks like my fears are coming to fruit.

Liverpool's points total last season would have won them the league in 2001, 2003 and 2011. Do you think Rodgers is getting the credit he deserves for surpassing three of Alex Ferguson's finest achievements?

When Martinez pisses £250M up against a wall we can start comparing the two situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back