Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a bit of a disadvantage with Wigan if we're applying reasonable thought here lid.
He was at an advantage here, though. He took over a team who hadn't been outside the Top 8 in 9 years and still managed to get them to 11th with the quality of player we have in our squad. He managed to make Wigan worse when he took over.

He was at an advantage here, though. He took over a team who hadn't been outside the Top 8 in 9 years and still managed to get them to 11th with the quality of player we have in our squad. He managed to make Wigan worse when he took over.
He kept them in the division for a few years despite having to strip the playing budget and won the FA Cup.

Moyes also finished bottom half twice including twice in his first few seasons.

Martinez deserves a little patience lest we behave no different to Newcastle fans which is destructive behaviour.

I hold Evertonians to better standards than that.

Handful of lads on here hoping and praying we start poorly next season to point score

Some on here are an embarrassment

And they had only knew of his existence for abar three weeks the bad tits.

He was the saviour though. I honestly hope Martinez relegates us so they do one and support Liverpool.

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

Just want to clarify id much rather Martinez gets us off to a flyer next season. So much so that the board release a DVD an I'll happily be wrong.

Last edited:
Listen lads, real fans are fence sitters...!!!

Get with it or you'll go nuts.

Generally decent advice that. Otherwise you go around in circles and feel personally betrayed when your favourite player/manager doesn't do the business.

Tho' I did call for Moyes to resign after the Cup defeat to Reading, and don't regret his eventual leaving. Supporting Martinez for one more season, if it's worse than this last one it's time to go.

Can't argue with that, kidda. But as his first season with us was pretty boss I reckon he deserves a best-of-3 to prove his worth.

Can't argue with that, kidda. But as his first season with us was pretty boss I reckon he deserves a best-of-3 to prove his worth.
And that's a great point, he is definitely going to get the third season he always was, people saying Martinez out knew it was unlikely now it's impossible he will be here for at the very least another 6-8 months so the question is for the Martinez fanboys. What is his minimum target this year in the league? The carling cup? The FA Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back