Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
mw133798.jpg

A small group on GOT no matter the result last season

At least those men were heroes and had the best intentions of the country in mind; our plotters just hate the manager and want to install Sam Alardyce or Tony Pulis, or some cone layer like Ferguson.

At least those men were heroes and had the best intentions of the country in mind; our plotters just hate the manager and want to install Sam Alardyce or Tony Pulis, or some cone layer like Ferguson.
still not one of them could organise a blow-up in a Parliament...

Good job Martinez wasn't in charge of the gunpowder plot, they'd still be under the houses of parliament now passing the dynamite between each other.

Whilst he tells everyone what a phenomonal plotter Thomas Percy is as he drops the dynamite for the 157th time.

That is funny!

Nothing to do with politics as you are intimating but rather an attempt to restore the country to catholicism.

Pre season is my biggest worry with El Bobbo. First one was superb and that was set up under Moyes I believe ( not that he had a great record of us hitting the ground running ) but playing Juve, Madrid I think got the lads up and running.

Last season was an absolute farce for a Premier league club and I'm not comfortable with him saying tournaments play a huge part and it's a disadvantage because every 2 years there is a major tournament so we would be in crap street if what he says is true. All the ones in the world cup barely got anywhere of any significance anyway yet he had them so undercooked for the season it was criminal.

Hoping he's learned a big lesson from.last season as he's never publicly ever been pulled up on what a crap job he done pre season and it's always been about it was the world cups fault.

Pre season is my biggest worry with El Bobbo. First one was superb and that was set up under Moyes I believe ( not that he had a great record of us hitting the ground running ) but playing Juve, Madrid I think got the lads up and running.

Last season was an absolute farce for a Premier league club and I'm not comfortable with him saying tournaments play a huge part and it's a disadvantage because every 2 years there is a major tournament so we would be in crap street if what he says is true. All the ones in the world cup barely got anywhere of any significance anyway yet he had them so undercooked for the season it was criminal.

Hoping he's learned a big lesson from.last season as he's never publicly ever been pulled up on what a crap job he done pre season and it's always been about it was the world cups fault.
Yep last pre season was daft. We need much better.

Yep last pre season was daft. We need much better.

Deffo mate. That was the first time I thought to myself he's the type of manager who almost still wants to be one of the lads ( if that makes sense ) where he was happy to give extended breaks and not push the players as hard as they need to be pushed. The 3 games where we ballsed up at the start of the season was plainly lack of physical fitness. That lasted a good 5-6 games which doesn't sound like much but the pattern was set.

I think Moyes overcooked them sometimes but Boberto still had them mooing on a plate they were that undercooked and that can't happen again.

Deffo mate. That was the first time I thought to myself he's the type of manager who almost still wants to be one of the lads ( if that makes sense ) where he was happy to give extended breaks and not push the players as hard as they need to be pushed. The 3 games where we ballsed up at the start of the season was plainly lack of physical fitness. That lasted a good 5-6 games which doesn't sound like much but the pattern was set.

I think Moyes overcooked them sometimes but Boberto still had them mooing on a plate they were that undercooked and that can't happen again.
Aye I get that mate, pertinent points. I remember at the time piping down those moaning about the pre season thinking we'd be sound but they were the ones who seen it.

Hopefully it won't be repeated. Better quality opposition and early buys to bed in needed. I remember the 2006/7 season benefitting from buying players and integrating them early. It's more difficult now with it being a good strategy to wait for the best price at the end of the window but hopefully we will get our business down early. And play some boss teams before the season kicks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back